Swedish Fish Progress

2»

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    My dad is so obsessed with Peeps its ridiculous. The man will literally eat boxes upon boxes of them. Two days ago I found them on sale in a gas station and I bought him 6 boxes. They are already gone. Crazy peep lovers!

We put peeps into the microwave and watch them expand then deflate
    Put toothpicks in them and watch them joust. :laugh: :laugh:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    I love these too.. and many other chewy candies. I love sweedish berries... Wine Gums.. ju jubes.. mike n ikes.. oh man.. definetely my weakness!!!

Here in Canada we have THE BULK BARN.. where you buy these candies in bulk for a cheaper price than prepackaged. THis place is sooo deadly!! I try not to go.. or if I do I try to get healthy stuff. I too would leave with a LARGE bag of gummy candies. I went the other day to get my boyfriend pistachios and I left with unsalted pretzels and a very very small amount of jelly beans
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    Ok so I DO love Swedish Fish....BUT I will ONLY eat them if I ball them up in a big gummi ball...I refuse to eat them individually for some reason lol
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Ok so I DO love Swedish Fish....BUT I will ONLY eat them if I ball them up in a big gummi ball...I refuse to eat them individually for some reason lol

That's rather interesting, never thought about eating them that way lol
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    Thats awesome!!!!!!!!
  • lexi1ky
    lexi1ky Posts: 7
    I also was a swedish fish addict LOL! I can't believe I'm not the only one.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I love swedish fish.......last year I was addicted to Rita's Swedish Fish Italian Ice. I haven't been to a Rita's at all this year. That's huge for me and considering there is one less than a 1/2 a mile from my house and I have to pass it every day.
    whaaaa?? :laugh: :laugh: How funny, what an item! Although I've never tried Italian Ice to think they actually made a Swedish Fish one is proof there are more of us that have gummy candy issues:blushing: :huh:

Well I'll admit I do love chocolate but the German brand Gummi Bears are my actual weakness...swoon:love: can you love a Gummi Bear? I think SO:smooched: The problem is exactly what you shared, it's hard to stop at one and well, I think it's actually impossible!!!:smokin: :tongue:

:ohwell: I try to stay clear but those babies stare me down in stores when I walk down the wrong aisle and instill great guilt upon me for not taking them home. ugh, it's terrible:noway: :laugh:

Well I know (I think) the size of bags of Swedish Fish you're talking about and they aren't the Halloween snack size candy bar 3 lb. bags so I understand how few bags can slip out of the store with you. I think if you can manage the 100 cal packs of them, maybe 1 portion in the evening as a treat you'll be safe.

Personally I don't buy the 100 cal packs (of any type) for several reasons (anymore:blushing: ), one being 1 serving can become 1 box. Did I read the portion wrong?:laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :glasses:

Hey good luck with the cut back, I think you'll do great:drinker:
    Becca:heart:
    Just came across this video, this may be exactly what I need for those gummi bear cravings I get every so often. It's likely to scare me off from them! Bwwwwwwwwhahahhaha:noway:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0&NR=1
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Alright, here it is. I have an obsession with Swedish Fish. Not just a little one, a very serious one. I would buy 2-3+ 1lb bags of these babies a week!!! I know, I know.

Anyway I have gone 2 whole weeks without one bite! This is huge for me and I am very proud of myself.

I am hoping to be in enough control by the time my 26th birthday rolls around in August so that I can have a 100 calorie pack without eating the whole box. I feel like I can do it!

Do you love swedish fish too???
    btw wondering how's the Swedish Fish addiction, success?:drinker: :tongue:
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Mmmm I love Swedish Fish but for me the real temptation is Skittles... have NOT been able to resist them once in a while. Congrats on your willpower :)
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    I have the EXACT same problem with sunflower seeds!
    I could eat a 1lb bag of seeds in two hours, and I have before!

Its really hard when you have a legitimate food addiction, I know.

My family refuses to let me buy seeds now and if they see that I have them they dump them in the back yard :(
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!