Turkey recipes

Options
Do you have any good turkey recipes you can share? I would also appreciate the form in which you have bought turkey...ie.........patties, slices, whole............

Replies

• npalacios78
    Options
    I guess everyone is fed up of turkey given that November has just passed by.................:grumble:
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love turkey that is all I eat. I buy ground turkey and make it into turkey burgers. I make fiesta ones with turkey, jalapenos, and cheese. Feta olive burgers; turkey, feta cheese, black olives, and bruchetta ones with parm cheeses,turkey, basil, and diced tomatoes.
  • kellapicola
    kellapicola Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love ground turkey and make turkey chili with it and have also tried Jamie Eason's recipes (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html) and they are good! I've also just cooked up a one pound package of ground turkey and seasoned it with cayenne, oregano and rosemary and have portioned that out for lunch (3 oz.) and then made egg whites and spinach to mix it with it--this is my new fav!
  • npalacios78
    Options
    Wow! Never thought you could put all those things into it.
    Thanks!
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just made turkey chili yesterday and it was good ill see about posting soon but you can just take your favorite chili recipe and substitute turkey!:flowerforyou:
  • hellobritney
    Options
    I make turkey meatloaf. It's fantastic!!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow night we're having ground turkey meatsauce over baked spaghetti squash!
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
    1 pound ground turkey
    1/2 onion, chopped
    2 cups water
    1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
    1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans - drained, rinsed, and mashed
    1 tablespoon garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
    Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.

(the actual recipe calls for 1 whole onion, i found it to be entirely too much onion lol)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I love turkey chili...you can use ground or shredded...both are yummy...

You can make it white chili or traditional....but turkey chili=win!
  • shellyann1180
    Options
    My favorite summertime turkey recipe is as follows:
    Cook up a hunk of turkey breast (you can buy the already cooked...buts its so high in sodium). cut into chunks. Throw into a big bowl and add in chunked apples..like 2-3 (I like granny smith because they don't get mushy), chunks of your favorite cheese (cheddar holds up well as does colby jack), sliced green grapes and you can throw in a few crumbles of bacon and cashews or walnuts. You can add celery and raisins but I don't. The "sauce" is easy. takes some mayo and mix to it vanilla yogurt, honey and vinegar. just a splash of vinegar. Salt & pepper to taste. There really aren't measurements. maybe a few spoonfuls of each and just a few squirts of honey and a splash of vinegar. keep adjusting until you get a taste you like. Mix sauce into turkey mixture and eat. It can last up to almost a week in the fridge...but its so delish you will eat it in 3 days!

I also love cooked turkey breast on wraps or ciabatta bread with some brie cheese and cranberry sauce. Super yummy. its a nice treat I like to get every few months. My local bistro makes it and its AWESOME!
  • dzlilo
    dzlilo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey anywhere a recipe calls for ground beef. Tacos, meat sauce, meatballs, lasagna, etc. I love turkey chili as well.

One of my faves is turkey burger by Martha Stewart. I substitute an egg for the cheese and skip the scallions. The whole thing takes about 10 minutes start to finish using a george foreman.

http://www.marthastewart.com/337340/favorite-turkey-burger

I also use the turkey breast fillets when I don't feel like roasting a whole turkey. I just cook it on stove top or grill.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    CHECKOUT bodybuilding.com's Jamie Eason's Turkey Muffins, good balance of healthy carbs and high protein and can throw in your gym bag or purse and eat anytime! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm SUPER EASY TO MAKE!

Happy journey!