To those beginning their journey...

Options
To those who are just beginning their journey...I am one of you.

This morning I looked at the scale and was disappointed that I showed no loss once again. After almost 4 weeks and 3 lbs lost I was ready to say screw it (once again) and then I remembered the photos I took when I began to work out and log my food. I decided to take new photos and if I didn't see results, I was eating that chocolate bar that had been calling to me the past 5 days! This is what I saw...

87c7f16b-c19f-4ae9-94af-a4d52b7b54fd_zpsc314371a.jpg

Boy is it hard to post these photos!

Though I'm far from where I want to be, I realized looking at those photos and seeing a few small changes that I am in the process of becoming a better, healthier me and I kind of like that me. I may not be the athlete I want to be yet, but I'm closer than I was a few short weeks ago!

So to all those beginning their journey to health, don't always rely on the scale. Take photos and be proud of those small accomplishments that will help you to succeed in becoming a better you. I will stay strong on my journey (and keep that chocolate bar where it belongs...not on my hips)

I wish you all the best in creating a healthier you!

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a change in your body. Keep up the good work! Congrats!!!
  • dixiemamamia
    dixiemamamia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I too am just beginning my journey. The scale isn't showing much loss but i am feeling it. I have been doing hot yoga and have spent a lot of time in front of the mirror every day and i am begining to see the changes. Your pics even if they are hard to post are inspiring. Its those little changes that keep me going to.
  • flynnegan
    flynnegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Your looking great!! Well done! Keep at it and stay positive :)
    My mother in law always chops chocolate bars into little pieces and freezes them, that way when she gets a craving for that bar she has a little frozen bit, which satisfys her craving and lasts a little longer as it was frozen :)