What are you going to give up for lent?

Options

Replies

• PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I think I a may give up fried foods, but I also like the idea of doing an act of kindness each day for 40 days. So I may just do both.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I love:heart: lent. It is a time of fasting, repenting, reparation, and preparation.
    A friend and I were discussing this last night. I may repeat a past fast of eating nothing after 3pm until the following morning. I chose three because it is the hour of divine mercy and the hour of Christ's death. It requires a lot of prayer to sustain it though.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Other options-

Meat
    Snacks
    Sweets
    All drinks other than water

or replacing dinner with plain cream of wheat:tongue:
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think I a may give up fried foods, but I also like the idea of doing an act of kindness each day for 40 days. So I may just do both.

I :heart: this! I may steal your idea!:flowerforyou:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    In my faith we don't experience Lent by giving something up. However, if I was to do so, it would be diet pepsi. It's my one vice and something I would feel was a real sacrifice to go without.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up religion
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Taxes

^^^YES!! :laugh:
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    When is Lent? typically us Baptists don't generally give up things for lent, but it might be a good idea.

Some suggestions.
    1. Meat
    2. processed foods
    3. Soda
    4. Alcohol
    5. sugar.
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    Soda. & Fast food.

I'm a baptist but my step-dads family is catholic so I still celebrate. I'm also moving into an apartment complex right across the street from a Baptist church so provided I don't work sunday morning's I want to start going to church again.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    What's "lent"?
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When is Lent? typically us Baptists don't generally give up things for lent, but it might be a good idea.

Lent starts Ash Wednesday - the day after Mardi Gras. It starts February 13 this year and runs for 40 days until the thursday before Easter.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I lent my neighbor my lawnmower. Looks like I'll be giving it up.
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My morals
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    profile creeping.

Nope, I don't think I can do it.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Not Catholic.. and I gave up everything I should have a long time ago.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Hookers and blow

I am going to try to fit more of this in ^..lol, Give up Laziness, 6x a week!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Same as last year...I'm giving up Lent.

You beat me to it! :wink:
  • clspwagner
    clspwagner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Haven't been to Church in years but just like X-mas and Easter I join in for lent. This year is no tv, which I believe will help with increasing my activity level and snacking.
  • Clarissa546
    Options
    Well this is going to be very difficult since I'm not really eating something I should give up!
    I don't eat sweets, chips, crips, I try to stay away from pasta, potatoes and salami and these kind of things.
    I'm watching the amount of alcohol I'm drinking, so I'll have to think about what I'm going to give up pretty hard I guess!
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up alcohol. I've done meat the last few years and I don't consider it a sacrifice anymore.