Ok...needing some help!

I have been limiting myself to 1650-1850 calories per day. Trying to be intiutive...some days I eat the 1650, and then I may go up depending on how I feel. But I am not going over 1900. I am 5'4 (female) and I weight 215.8 pounds. Last week, my body fat % was 39. I have been working out hard (stationary bike...20 mph speed, and burning about 475 calories in 30 minutes...more if I go for an hour), and lifting weights. I am drinking about 90 ounces of water per day. I have cut out all sugar. Im am not going to lie and say my diet is 100% clean, because may get a burger from McDonald's sometimes (no fries), but for the most part, I am eating plenty of greens, more salads, and more lean meats. This morning, I got on the scale, and my body fat percentage actually increased by 1 percent.

I am not expecting fast weight loss, but I was eating no breakfast, fast food for lunch AND dinner, and fried foods and biscuits were a typical dinner for me, and things held pretty constant over the years. So WHY after making all these changes (for about a month now) would I actually GAIN body fat???!!!! I could understand not losing, but why the gain?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Those scales base bf% off of electrical impedance, which is highly subject to water levels (and therefore usually pretty inaccurate). Ignore it, move on, and keep doing what you're doing. It might take a little time for things to get moving, but it isn't a race.
  • ADStanfield25
    ADStanfield25 Posts: 9 Member
    Those scales base bf% off of electrical impedance, which is highly subject to water levels (and therefore usually pretty inaccurate). Ignore it, move on, and keep doing what you're doing. It might take a little time for things to get moving, but it isn't a race.

This is what I was hoping!!! It measures your water level also, and it always stays the same reading at 43% no matter how many changes I make with regard to drinking water. And thanks so much for answering!!! (I felt bad because this is my first post, and I didnt greet the community! Just came in ranting...lol. Blame it on my frustration and not my heart!)