lost body fat but gained inches... not my goal!

Options
About 6 months ago I weighed 110lbs and was at 27% body fat. Now, I am 123lbs and at 20% body fat. Yay, right? NO. I hadn't taken body measurements since then and when I took them today was SHOCKED to see that my thighs are now 22.5 inches, compared with 20.25 inches. I also gained an inch in my hips. My other measurements were basically the same or less than 1/2 in difference up/ down.

Yes, I know, I've gained a bit of lean body mass... but WHY are my thighs and hips getting bigger!?!?!? NOT THE PLACE I WANT TO BE GAINING!!!!

As for exercise, I lift heavy 1-2x/wk, have recently started doing HIIT and plan to do that 1-2x/ wk, and I dance ballet 7 days a week (for cardio/ love). ETA: I don't log lifting in my diary, in case you're snooping. :)

I eat relatively clean with the occasional slip and the occasional intentional chocolate bar. Aiming to net around 1200-1400ish. I'm 5'1" and 24 years old. GW is 110 but really my goal is to fit into my pre-preg jeans, size 1/2, currently a comfy 3/4.

Advice, please?! I'm desperate and frustrated and sad.

Replies

• tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    Anyone? I might be pmsing and therefore feel that without any responses I may have a breakdown.... kidding... sort of...
  • SkinnyMark86
    Options
    Relax. Nothing is permanent. If you do not like the increase in size, you can do something about it. First, what is your diet and exercise routine like?
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    On average, I'm trying to net around 1400, usually eating 2000-2500 to make that happen as I dance ballet (for cardio) every day as well as weights (using a modified version of NROLFW) and HIIT 1-2x each/wk.

As for food, my diary is open, I tend to be around 100g carbs, mostly veggies and fruit, any grains are sprouted or whole grain, at least 1g protein/ lb LBM, and whatever else in fat. I'm kind of in love with avocados soooooo tend to be high on fat, which is fine, it's been working for me in regards to weight-loss/ fat-loss, at least, though I'm open to suggestions.