Thunder Thighs

Options
I have always had big things, and I really don't know the best way to get rid of them. I played softball and was a catcher so I have leg muscle from that. Along with the muscle, I have fat in my legs and I am shorter so it makes it even worse. I no longer play softball and the only sport I now play is Field Hockey. Any suggestions on how to trim down those "thunder thighs" ?

Replies

• toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce, sadly. Please come read this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/811361-ladies-who-love-their-thighs-welcome

Cut the fat through diet and you'll love your legs again, I promise! Also - squat, lunge, deadlift, jump!
  • saralikn
    Options
    I'm sorry that I don't actually have specific advice for you...I just want to tell you that I feel your frustration! I'm 5'2 and have thighs like a football player! I did alot of biking and skateboarding as a kid and these beasts have just stayed with me. I do realize though, that I was built this way to some extent too. And that's ok, look at Kim Kardashian! Wowee, what a hottie right? Embrace the thunder girl! We wouldn't have a fabulous *kitten* without them ;)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce, sadly. Please come read this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/811361-ladies-who-love-their-thighs-welcome

Cut the fat through diet and you'll love your legs again, I promise! Also - squat, lunge, deadlift, jump!

QFT
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

QFT

This.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Genetics for big legs will leave you with big legs. You can reduce fat, but there's no way to change your actual muscle shape. You can change size (hypertrophy or atrophy) but atrophy would involve your body catabolizing lean muscle and you CANNOT target what you catabolize.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    one word..............pilates.
  • Elisepatricia
    Elisepatricia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    my thighs are big, but what i hate more is the cellulite.... it's not THAT bad. maybe I'm being to hard on myself, but the lumps and bumps really get to me!!! if i lose body fat, will the cellulite decrease?
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I have muscular thighs too, 'thunder thighs' was my nickname growing up because I did soooo much horseback riding that I had relatively thick legs compared to the rest of my general frame. Learn to love it if it's from muscle, toning and slimming can be done but not just in your legs. :)
  • Elisepatricia
    Elisepatricia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 23 inches and I would love to take them down to 20 inches. 3 inches doesn't seem like a lot but I'm not sure where to even start
  • pixiee88
    Options
    I also have huge thighs. I swear I would accept every other flaw my body had if I could just slim down my thighs!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    What does QFT mean?

And yes thunder thighs here as well!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What does QFT mean?

QFT = Quoted for Truth
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    high protein diet

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    one word..............pilates.

What's pilates going to do?
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thighs re my worst feature, I am just hoping that they will get better as I lose weight but I accept I will always have big legs. It's part of me, I do feel your pain though. What I wouldn't give to wear skinny jeans x
  • bara_rei
    Options
    look at Kim Kardashian! Wowee, what a hottie right? Embrace the thunder girl! We wouldn't have a fabulous *kitten* without them ;)

^^This! I've always had big thighs, even when I was 125 pounds. It's just kinda how I'm built. But! I do have a great hourglass figure and an awesome *kitten* because of them. So I've learned to rock them instead :drinker:
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can relate!! But I love my thighs!!! As I lose weight they get smaller, but they are still big, I'm 5'2' and each thigh right now is 25" around, but I think they look so sexy in my jeans, girl! Look at Beyonce, she has big thighs and to me, she looks fantastic!

However, if you want to tone, tighten and lengthen the thigh muscles, I agree with the comment said about Pilates. Pilates gives the thighs a more longer, leaner look.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    What does QFT mean?

QFT = Quoted for Truth

Ah thanks!
  • herlittlegreendress
    Options
    I'd definitely take big thighs over big belly or back fat....all of which I have! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!