Eating calories back

Options
Hey,

I have a question about eating calories back -- is it detrimental to not eat all of them back? I'm finding that I'm restricting myself and I'm not sure that's the best way since I have a relatively small amount of weight to lose.

5'3 -
CW: 140
STG: 130
UG: 120

Any advice? I've just back into exercise so I'm not burning anything crazy either,

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Yes, especially when only eating around 1100 calories a day.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Eat this and you'll be fine

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Thought so. I'm just finding it hard and feeling paranoid about not losing anything. I think I need to snack more.
  • babydiego87
    Options
    Eat this and you'll be fine

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

FLOL. The turtle burger actually looks cute but I'm vegetarian sorry ;)
  • skyline2055
    skyline2055 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    why would you eat back what you worked your butt off to lose
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    this is all vegetarian approved, I checked, you're all set

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Thought so. I'm just finding it hard and feeling paranoid about not losing anything. I think I need to snack more.

Peanut butter + spoon. You'll be fine :smile: Your deficit is already calculated into your calorie goals, so what you burn you need to replace to keep your deficit moderate (and sustainable). Plus, if I ate that little, I'd just be grumpy. Also, with 20 pounds to lose until your ultimate goal, I'd make sure you use a goal of only a half to one pound lose per week. That should also bump up your calories more. It's not a race to lose the weight the fastest.
  • jesz124
    Options

Do some reading, learn about your body and how things effect if, then come back to us.
  • babydiego87
    Options

Peanut butter + spoon. You'll be fine :smile: Your deficit is already calculated into your calorie goals, so what you burn you need to replace to keep your deficit moderate (and sustainable). Plus, if I ate that little, I'd just be grumpy. Also, with 20 pounds to lose until your ultimate goal, I'd make sure you use a goal of only a half to one pound lose per week. That should also bump up your calories more. It's not a race to lose the weight the fastest.
    I just so happen to love peanut butter so that sounds like an awesome recommendation :)

Thing is...I'm going on holiday in mid May and I really would like to be at least 10lbs down by then. I don't want to starve myself obviously (I've not been ravenous since starting) but I also want to make that goal achievable whilst doing it the healthy way. I need A LOT of guidance haha
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Rarely do I eat back my calories. I work out late at night just so I can really snack afterwards.
  • jesz124
    Options
    Just to add OP, I lose on 1750 cals a day. I weight lift 3 times a week, also a bit of light cardio after lifting, literally 10-12 minutes usually on the x trainer. I'm 5ft 4. I worked out my deficit by taking 20% from my TDEE. As you haven't much to lose this may be a better method for you too. Slow and steady fat loss is the best way to go.
  • jesz124
    Options
    Rarely do I eat back my calories. I work out late at night just so I can really snack afterwards.

But are you only eating 1100 cals a day like the OP. Would you not say if you were eating 1100 then exercising for e.g 400 cals off that netting 700 cals daily was too low? I personally don't think a healthy exercising woman on 5ft 3 should be netting less than 1100 daily. Just my opinion though....
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • babydiego87
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
    Doh. Simples :D