Eating at night

Options
I swear I could go all day without eating until it gets dark out. Anyone else suffer from night-time cravings? How do I curb my appetite at night?

Replies

• hannahj20
    hannahj20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same same same ..... Grime fooood!!!!! X
  • jeikre
    jeikre Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has successfully worked for me is eating breakfast. I make sure I eat a big breakfast and regularly throughout the day, and I find I am not eating at night. Good luck:)
  • netski19
    Options
    OMG, yes! To make matters worse, my husband is the same way. He's one of those people who can't sleep, no matter how late it is, unless they wind down first by watching television in bed. For some reason, this is the time we get the munchies and it's usually for something sweet, like chocolate :grumble:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sometimes you need to reset your clock. Make yourself eat during the day, so you wont be so hungry at night. After dinner shut the kitchen down. Drink water too especially at night. If you cant do that then just plan your meals for the evening. I used to be a notorious night owl binger, and would never want to eat in the day because I would be so stuffed.
  • nonrev39
    nonrev39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too. the "cure" I am working on now is to have a few stalks of celery and a coouple of caqrrots handy. I am not hungry at night , just am in the habit of eating and the celery/ carrots do the trick.

Vern
  • halliebrianne
    Options
    I have this too!!! You should have Greek Yogurt with lots of fruit or Orville Redenbacher 100 calorie kettle corn popcorn. Eat it slowly and it usually satisfies my cravings!!
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If I have the munchies bad at night (or anytime when I'm home), I brush my teeth and use mouthwash. That way everything will taste funky,. Just a thought, lol
  • emmacssmith
    emmacssmith Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If I have the munchies bad at night (or anytime when I'm home), I brush my teeth and use mouthwash. That way everything will taste funky,. Just a thought, lol

LOL I love this! ^^
  • bunnybeth14
    bunnybeth14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this too I find either drinking squash or a low cal hot choc fills me up a bit and satisfies the sweet cravings!
  • jesszds82
    Options
    I have the same problem. I try to fill up on water and brush my teeth. Other than that, I try to get low fat options, like popsicles and carrots, on hand. You just have to find what works for you! I hope this helps!
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options

This is a great tip. Everything tastes nasty after toothpaste.
  • jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My general rule is too not eat any carbs after 8PM, if i really need something ill settle for yogurt or veggies/fruit, something light
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just plan it as part of your day, no biggie. Eating after the sun goes down has not turned me into a pumpkin or anything...I've lost 20 Lbs and counting and I never eat dinner before 8:30. Hell, it's dark out before I even leave the office this time of year.