I don't want to eat! Not sure what to eat! Please help!

Options
Today, for breakfast I had:

ScreenShot2013-02-05at13416PM_zps2c68beb4.png

I'm hungry but I don't know what to eat. I honestly don't really want to eat because I like seeing progress on the scale and I feel like eating anything hearty won't help me. I was thinking about making sautéed chicken and squash, is that good?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't really want to eat because I like seeing progress on the scale and I feel like eating anything hearty won't help me.

Quite the contrary. If you don't eat enough, you will just be hurting your progress. Cars won't run on an empty tank and neither will your body.

And yes, chicken and squash sounds like a great dinner!
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ok! Thank you! I'll get to it. :)
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Something else you can do is bulk up that salad at lunchtime...LOTS more greens, a lot more tomatoes...it won't significantly add to your calories, but definitely will to your nutrition, and will fill you up, too. I use a food scale to weigh the tomatoes, to keep me honest, but I'll eat 3-4 ounces on a salad (instead of 3-4 little tomatoes).

That dinner does sound excellent.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm having chicken and "zucchini fries" for dinner, so yours sounds good to me of course.

I just take the zucchini, try to get some of the water out of it by just setting it out cut up, then pour a bit of milk into a bowl, put all the zucchini "fries" in there, cover them, dump out the extra milk, put some breadcrumbs in the bowl and some garlic salt, lightly coat them (they're definitely not "breaded"... just have a few bread crumbs for crunch), and then I bake them at a really high heat, flipping them over midway.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Your meals and snacks look really nutritious which is great, but you aren't eating enough. I suggest adding maybe a hundred calories to each meal to up your calories a little. Of course you should make the chicken and squash for dinner. :)

Remember, food is fuel. Food is your body's energy source.