It's 3:23...and I'm already out of calories :(

Options
2»

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    It happens, if you find some foods are "pop and you can't stop" then try to avoid them or keep less of it on hand.

A low calorie dinner idea that is one of my regulars:

Veggie - White Mushrooms, Sauted , 1/3 Cup
    Organic Girl - Super Greens (Red and Green Swiss Chard, Tat Soi, Arugula and Spinach), 2 cups
    Sirloin Steak 3 oz
    Kraft Salad Dressing - Zesty Italian Calorie-Wise, 2 Tbsp.

Totals at 182 calories, 7g carbs, 16g protein, 10g fat, and 654mg sodium. It will keep you pretty close to your desired intake and will fill you up :) Might be a good combination to work off of to figure out what you should eat for supper.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    So I had my day planned out pretty well, but then I ended up CRAVING chocolate. So I kept like, deleting stuff from my dinner and adding chocolate to the point where I ate 520 calories worth of chocolate, leaving me 108 cals for dinner -.-. I'll try to make it to the gym, to burn some and eat some back, but is it better to stop eating once I reach my goal or eat a normal dinner and accept the fact that I'd be 300-400ish over?

The point of exercise isn't to burn calories or "make up for" mistakes. The point of exercise is to repartition the calories you eat toward muscle rather than fat. Eat your post-workout meal as if no mistakes happened - continue dieting tomorrow.

Do not input exercise into MFP for the "calorie burn". Do not assume because you burned "X" calories during your workout that you can eat them. If that is the basis you are working on then you will plateau very quickly and your workouts are cardio-based and very flawed.

Save the chocolate till after a workout rather than during the day.
    You must be new here. MFP calculates your daily calories at a deficit.. .you work out.. you eat more food period. The end.

OP, go work out than eat your normal meal. If you are over today your over. Learn from this and move on.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Planning is NO substitute for self control.
    If you are using MFP then this should be a life change, not just a diet.
  • nikkimoon1382
    nikkimoon1382 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Def work out!! Its good for you.
    And while its prob not a great idea to get in the habit of exercising to make up for chocolate mistakes, at the end of the day- calories in vs. calories out.
    Make it a priority to do better tomorrow. Stick with it!! :)
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Try approaching this weight/fitness thing as a long haul rather than a short hop. I have been working my personal program for 14 months. There were many a day when I went over on calories due to some sort of indulgence. I still lost weight because there were many more days when I did not go over. Maybe I could have lost more weight or lost faster but I did not make myself crazy. I have enjoyed every minute of my life getting thinner and more fit. Eat dinner, make good choices for dinner. Work out a little more if you want to--don't fret over it. Just don't give up or give in because of one indulgence.