Small Victory :)

Options
I had a SUCKY morning, one where everything just seemed to go wrong. I got up to work, which is stocked with tons of snacks and sodas in the fridge, and didn't even have the urge to "treat" myself with a Coke or chocolate. HUGE step for me! Just thought I'd share. It's the little things, right?

Replies

• Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    YES IT IS! It's always hard up here for me! I love sweets so much, that my biggest challenge is to stay out of all the junk! Yesterday I stood in HEB for 5 minutes in front of a the donuts case like a crazy lady just staring at them. I some how mustered up the will power to just move along to the produce section, but it was hard!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Well done! It gets easier over time! X
  • pinkandgreen111
    Options
    Yay you!! All the small things add up! :bigsmile:
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    High 5 girl!! It's so easy to give in on a sucky day....so WTG! :smile:
  • starfish1783
    Options
    Good for you!!! :flowerforyou:

I work at a police station and someone brought in (surprise) doughnuts. Somehow, i managed to resist and didn't go snag one. Yay!!!

Like pinkandgreen mentioned - it's the little things :happy:
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And WTG on avoiding donuts, starfish... those are a HUGE temptation for me!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Avoiding a temptation is a good way to turn around a bad day; it makes you feel like you're still in control even if things aren't going perfectly. Hope the rest of your morning was better!
  • Ranchgal66
    Options
    I wish people would bring in fresh fruit or healthy snacks to work.
  • lesleygradek
    lesleygradek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Never did go much on pop BUT chocolate YES .Learn't that bittersweet chocolate is aloud in very small portions,Like bit size on occasions. Just FYI. Keep up the great work. Went to Zumba today again. Was a blast.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking with Zumba!! I need to find some exercise option that's realistic for my schedule.