Low Calorie Chocolate Options?

Options
Anyone know of any low-calorie chocolates? I love Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bars @ 100 calories, but does anyone know of anything else that can satisfy a sweet tooth without un-doing your day?

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Melt semi-sweet choclate chips and dip strawberries in. Keep the layer thin.. 30 calories a strawberry.
    I make them on weekends and stick em in the fridge.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love the Swiss Miss no sugar added hot coco for my sweet chocolate fix
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is mostly fat, so it is not gonna be low calorie if it is really chocolate.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    90 calorie fiber one brownies are good.

I also use chocolate cocoa baking powder in my protein shakes. Its like 10 calories a teaspoon

But my all time favorite is a 5 mile run for 3 pieces of European chocolate. Screw zombies, I run for chocolate.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love the Snack Well 100 cal chococlate chip drizzle cookies. They taste really chocolatey and they satisfy my chocolate craving. I am going to have to try the choclate dipped strawberries. That sounds so good!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like the jello puddings and mousse. You can get them for as low as 60 cal a pudding cup.

I also cook my own chocolate pudding from scratch. Low-fat milk, cocoa powder, cornstarch and sugar/sweetener, cooks fast and tastes great warm and cold :)
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I like the jello puddings and mousse. You can get them for as low as 60 cal a pudding cup.

I also cook my own chocolate pudding from scratch. Low-fat milk, cocoa powder, cornstarch and sugar/sweetener, cooks fast and tastes great warm and cold :)

Yes!! The sixty calorie pudding cups are awesome. I love to dip either strawberries or a banana in it. Or, you can stick it in the freezer for a little and it thickens up like ice cream. So good!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a few grams of some really good, dark, chocolate, than something that is low calorie fake chocolate. The bar that like to keep around is just under 30 calories for about a "square" and a half worth from the bar. I typically eat it three small bites that I let melt on my tongue and linger in my mouth.

That, for me, is infinitely more satisfying than anything that Skinny Cow, Jello, or Fiber One makes. And if you're allowing 100 calories worth, you'd be able to eat three times as much as that of a similar bar.

The one I buy is the 70% Green & Black's chocolate bar.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    A square of dark chocolate - allowed to melt on your tongue rather than you chewing it - will go a long way in meeting a craving. Once you chew the chocolate though - you lose the "taste" and "feel" of it melting over your tongue and down your throat. Mmmm *licks lips*
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I dunno about low cal but if you're looking for a chocolate sub, try carob.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    The Fiber 1 Almond coconut protein bars taste like almond joys. :) If you can control yourself hershey kisses are good, especially if 'fake' chocolate doesn't satisfy your cravings. Also grab a handful of almonds and a teaspoon of chocolate chips, eat one almond and one or two chocolate chips at a time. I also eat my bananas with a little hershey syrup on them.
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Chobani bites greek yogurt! They have a raspberry flavor and coffee flavor with dark chocolate pieces in it and 100 calories per cup. They're small but AMAZING :love:
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My go to's are:

After Eight mint squares - 40 calories
    York Peppermint patties - 60 calories
    Hunts Sugar free pudding cups - 60 calories
    Chips Ahoy mini bag chocolate chip cookies - 70 calories
    Hunts fat-free pudding cups - 90 calories
    Special K chocolate crunch bars - 90 calories
    Chocolate Vitatops - 100 calories
    Thinsation chocolate covered pretzels - 100 calories
    Thinsation chocolate fudgge drizzled popcorn - 100 calories
    Cadbury Thins - 100 calories
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic, so these are my under 100 calorie choices:

-Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies (stick them in the microwave for about 10 seconds and they taste a lot better)
    -Snickers Mini Ice Cream Bars (90 Calories)
    -2 Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies (80 Calories)
    -Jello Brand Pudding, sugar free (60 Calories)
    -1 Tbsp of Chocolate Chips (70 Calories)

It is hard to keep the thin mints in moderations since they're not individually packaged though...that's my weekness! 2 is hard to do!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I like the low-cal hot chocolate option. Since it's hot, it usually takes me longer to finish than any eating chocolate would, which also helps the cravings to go away. 40 calories per mug for the one I get here in the UK is very worth it for me.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Chobani bites greek yogurt! They have a raspberry flavor and coffee flavor with dark chocolate pieces in it and 100 calories per cup. They're small but AMAZING :love:

I was thinking about trying these! Glad you like them, I will have to pick a pack up at the store next time I go!
  • jett254
    jett254 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you just want something to satisfy your sweet tooth, I love chocolate tea (sweetened with stevia = 0 calorie treat). My husband got my a Teavana Perfect Tea maker and some loose leaf teas for Hanukkah and it was the best present ever. They have a bunch of chocolate flavored teas (both caffeinated and uncaffeinated) that I love - Matavana, Azteca Fire, Coco-Caramel Sea Salt.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Healthy choice greek frozen yogurt - chocolate swirl. only 100cals a cup :)
  • JennyAnnLanders
    JennyAnnLanders Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like the Jello Sugar Free Puddings-most are 60cal...chocolate, dbl chocolate...etc. Kroger has a Fat Free Milk Chocolate-dutch hot cocoa mix that's only 25 calories for a 6-8 oz cup.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Black and Green's 85% dark organic chocolate. You don't need to eat very much of it to get that "chocolate high" so it's pretty low in calories compared to milk chocolate. If you are looking for just something sweet there are a lot of suggestions already been given but if it's the chocolate euphoric feeling I want then this is always my choice :smile: