zumba

Options
I am trying to put in my zumba class but it keeps saying no results. any recommendations?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Dancing, aerobic

If you want amore accurate count, you will need a HRM.
  • usmcgrl1
    usmcgrl1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I did put it in that way. totally surprised I burned 100 more calories on the elliptical yesterday than at dancing the zumba.
    nice change though.
  • msweetalex
    msweetalex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a really good cardio. I enjoy it and you can burned 400-500 or more in calories. But it depends on your intensity.
  • DanceFittDiva
    DanceFittDiva Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can burn more than that ^. I'm a Zumba Instructor and some of my students burn up to 1000 calories in 1 hour. But it depends on the instructor and what kinds of songs/rhythms they teach too.
  • msweetalex
    msweetalex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh ok thats good to know.
  • usmcgrl1
    usmcgrl1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    not sure what I actually burned just used what came up on the site. how would I calculate it to know what I burned. My heart rate was up and I know I worked up a sweat.
  • DanceFittDiva
    DanceFittDiva Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    not sure what I actually burned just used what came up on the site. how would I calculate it to know what I burned. My heart rate was up and I know I worked up a sweat.

The only way to be sure is to get a good heart rate monitor. Calculations will always be a little off. If you work that hard, wouldn't you want to know exactly what you burned rather than an estimate?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is get a HRM. Second best thing is to go here:
    http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
    Calculate how many you burned(ish) and create your own entry. Zumba calories will depend VERY much on your effort level and the intensity of the class (which is set by the instructor).