NEW

Options
Hi, my name is Mary Etta and my daughter talked me into joining all you people on a quest that a lot of us need to endure. I went to the doctor yesterday and my cholesterol was a very good 132 BUT my weight has jumped up to 372 lbs. That is NOT a good number and I need a lot of help getting down to my short term goal of 250. I know that sounds like a lot but when I graduated from high school I weighed 132 lbs and didn't gain an ounce till I stopped WALKING. Anyone out there willing to help and encourage, add me as a friend and I will do the same for you. My daughter is backing me 100% on this because she is already doing a great job with all of you wonderful people encouraging her daily. This is the MAIN reason I decided to join, because of you all and her persistence.

Replies

• scarywordlikediet
    scarywordlikediet Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    YEA...WOOHOO...GO MOM!!!
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great place to stay motivated. I like logging all my calories here, and I log EVERYTHING, if I can, because I can see what I do. Some days I eat more, some less, and sometimes certain foods make me even more hungry. I think you'll find using a site such as this to be helpful, or at least I hope so!

Good luck and welcome to the beginning of the change! Cheers!

Devrie
  • nikiwoofter
    Options
    I love the site to log everything down too. i had to start watching my fat intake due to a slow stomach and health issues resulting form my stomach not digesting food fast enough. now i am on a VERY low fat (approx. 20 grams a day) intake w/ 2 smoothie meals a day and one low fat meal at nite. as a result i am loosing weight which is a great side effect. i needed to loose some! i started out w/ a goal of 150# but now that i am actually loosing i would like to lower...maybe 140. i have such hope w/ this site and it has actually motivated me to begin working out because i can actually see the benefit of what i am doing and what it will reap in 5 wks...love that feature! good luck to you! i know you can do it!
  • stepinz
    Options
    Add me :)