New 1200 girl!

Options
Hi there!
I'm hoping to shed about 30 pounds for the summer. Currently I'm on the 1200 calorie method and it's going well.
I would appreciate some recipes...I eat quite badly and I'm curious as what everyone else with that limit is eating throughout the day.

Don't be a stranger, add me! And I'd enjoy learning about your journeys!

--Feji

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose real fat then increase those calories girl! 1500calories and then eating your exercise calories back is pretty good to start with.
    Remember, you dont want to lose too much weight, too quickly or you will lose muscle mass which will increase your body fat percetage. Which means more hard work later when you realise you look like a smaller flabby blob.
    Eat enough, and find a good strength training routine.
  • babyblake11
    Options
    Also, heres a good home strength routine to start with. Strength training helps maintain your muscle mass, which helps you to lose fat NOT muscle. Losing muscle decreases metabolic rate and as i said before, increases your body fat percentage

WORKOUT A:
    3x 15 bodyweight squats (as low as you can with good form)
    3x 15 girl push-ups
    3x 15 burpees
    3x 15 tricep dips

WORKOUT B:
    3x 15 walking lunges
    3x 15 each arm bent over rows (with a heavy water bottle or plastic item)
    3x 15 mountain climbers
    3x 5 regular push-ups

WORKOUT C:
    3x 15 squat jumps
    3x 15 tricep dips
    3x 15 wide girl push ups
    3x 15 shoulder press (with heavy water bottles or other home items)

repeat one if you want 4 days. increase sets and reps as it gets easier or make it circuit style. i hope this helps. be consistent and you will get results

EDIT: google anything youre not sure of
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Thanks for that routine suggestion. Nice to have when I can't make it to the gym!
  • babyblake11
    Options
    ^^^ Thanks for that routine suggestion. Nice to have when I can't make it to the gym!

happy to help :)
  • ifeji
    ifeji Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you so much for the routine and advice!

The thing is...I wouldn't mind being less muscular. I'm naturally muscular and I'm short so it makes me look stocky.
  • ifeji
    ifeji Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you!
  • babyblake11
    Options
    Thank you so much for the routine and advice!

The thing is...I wouldn't mind being less muscular. I'm naturally muscular and I'm short so it makes me look stocky.

thats your choice but once the fat goes... i think you will disagree.
    at least increase your calorie intake and protein but i do recommend a strength training routine. youre not going to turn into the hulk.
  • netski19
    Options
    Wow, this is a good routine. Thanks, I'll try it, too.