PB2 Peanut Butter

Options
Can anyone tell me what this is? I eat peanut butter on my waffles in the morning and was wondering if this could be a substitute...So it is a powder and you mix it with water? How different does it taste?

Replies

• halffullpgh
    halffullpgh Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, what is wrong with a little peanut butter? It is full of goodness so long as you are not buying a brand loaded with sugar.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    It's also a good source of protein.....
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It is peanut butter powder that you mix with water, or add to protein shakes. I love it because I am restricted to 30 gms of fat or less. I do notice that it tastes better if mix and put in refrig over night if you are going to put on waffles, toast, or other things.
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    love love love PB2. you mix 2 tblsp of powder with 1 tbsp water and voila. tastes pretty darn close to regular peanut butter and a serving is only 45 calories. I use it to make pb&j sandwiches or a 1/2 tblsp in my oatmeal in the morning. they have chocolate pb2 as well.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes like ......peanut butter!:happy:
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It freaking rocks, it is good mixed with water or added to a chocolate protein shake. the cheapest place I have found to get it is at netrition.com the Bell Plantation site charges a bit more.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    the chocolate kind tastes kind of bland to me. I haven't tried to original. But it's lower calorie.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, what is wrong with a little peanut butter? It is full of goodness so long as you are not buying a brand loaded with sugar.

I'd much rather eat my smuckers organic pb than pb2
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, a good additive to shakes and I like PB2 & yogurt but I mostly use it in protein shakes
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    GNC go pay for 2 jars, PB2 and try the PB2 Chocolate they will send it to you via mail. I was surprised not bad at all. Taste pretty good, not as thick as regular peanut butter. It was worth it. Goes well on a wheat sandwich skinny!
  • amanda12404
    amanda12404 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am just trying to lower my calorie count for breakfast. Everyday my breakfast is two whole wheat waffles, with 2 tablespoons of PB and two boiled eggs. That is all 500 calories for breakfast. I completely love my breakfast. I just need to start lowering the calorie count. I was going to either start with the PB or eating one less boiled egg.

So is it possible to make more than a couple of tablespoons at a time?
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. I put it on oatmeal, pb&j sandwiches, pb & banana sandwiches and on celery. I will never go back to regular peanut butter.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    dont think about it just buy it!!! its soo good
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. I eat it in yogurt. I also mix it with my sugar free syrup for my waffles. You can reconstitute it with whatever you want. I also dip bananas or apples just in the powder. It is 45 cals for 2T and 85% less fat. They also have recipes for peanut butter cookies and such, but I have not tried. Enjoy!!:flowerforyou:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good, I used to eat it when I was loosing. Not quite the real deal, but close enough.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Eh..maybe it's just the flavor I bought (chocolate), but I don't too much care for it. It's pretty bland tasting. I say fit the real thing into your goals for the day and enjoy
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    There are a few others out there that're similar to PB2. Two of the more popular (and that I've tried) are:

http://www.bettylousinc.com/products_detail.php?id=287&ref=0 (organic w/ coconut sugar)

http://www.fitnutzbutter.com/ (has a sugar free version)

ETA: I'd skip the chocolate ... If you want chocolate, just get some cacao powder & mix that in when you want it. :)
  • crissa1988
    Options
    It is powder and you mix it with water. it is only 45 calories for 2 tbsp vs. 200 calories for regular. i use it just about everyday and i love it. super easy to substitute :)
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So is it possible to make more than a couple of tablespoons at a time?

Yeah, it is, just mix more... I'm not sure how that might change "shelf life" though.
  • fusion777
    Options
    PB2 is a gift from God!!! Use it in protein shakes, really light coating for celery (instead of my previous double tablespoons of real peanut butter lol). I also use pb2 with low sodium soy sauce for an Asian flair on veggies. Soooo good!

Amazon sells it by the pound, cheaper than buying it in the smaller bottles.