new member from Miami, FL

Options
becca0wnz
becca0wnz Posts: 12 Member
Hello!

I am a 5'11" 24 y/o female residing in Miami, FL. As all of you can imagine, the pressure in this city to be thin, beautiful and fit is all the talk. I have always been a bit chubby with no want to exercise but I have come to the realization I need to exercise! My eating habits are not bad as far as food choices but I can eat a lot! Because of this, i've taken the initiative to join this program and its been working miracles on my iPhone. I absolutely love that i can track everything that i eat and manage exercise in one place, on the fly. Last week i lost 2lbs and i am very excited to see what happens in the next coming months.

Can someone recommend some workout videos? I heard about Slim 6 and some JM vids that really kick your butt. I need something that will have me begging for mercy and encorporates a lot of different exercises.

Thanks Friends!

SW before MFP: 220 lbs.
LOST 14lbs eating Shape Lovers - no exercise

SW begin MFP: 206 lbs.
continue Shape Lovers - start exercise
CW: 204 lbs.
GW: 155 lbs.

1111670.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck to you!
  • Bearsy08
    Bearsy08 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I feel your pain when it comes to living in Miami since I am a fellow Miamian. I am a big JM fan and you can work with those at your level she is always showing you a modified version. I also have the Last chance workout video from the biggest loser I love that one, it has a program to follow it starts out pretty easy and short then build throughout the 6 week program.

This site is amazing by the way...and good luck!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I rented mine from Netflix to try out before I bought. Loved the change up each week!! I sent mine back on Monday and had a new one on Tuesday,

Any video will kick your butt, it is all about what YOU put into it! I did Richard Simmons vid dancing to the oldies............in a group setting. It was a hoot!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Welcome!!! We moved up here from Florida, and part of my family lives in Kendall...so I totally understand the whole pressure deal down there.

Basically most of that Turnpike -- Miami-Orlando-Gainesville -- is just crazy pressure. I really feel it when I visit there.

Keep up the good work! You'll find lots of tips here on workouts, etc. Personally I'm on P90X -- first week, already lost around 2 lbs since Monday :love:
  • becca0wnz
    becca0wnz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement!