Food Diary??

Options
Private or Not Private and why?

Replies

• beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Not Private.

I don't really care what people think of my food.

:)
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Private. I log for my own benefit. I wouldn't think anyone else would be interested in what I eat daily.
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Mine is open to public. I really don't care what people think. I know I eat some bad things but its life and if someone has something to say about it then i just brush it off. Sometimes times get rough and you have to eat what you can.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    private- I don't want people i don't know sitting there and judging and me about my food choices/ Cal intake.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Private, I log for myself. Also private is the default setting and I never bothered or saw the point in changing it.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Public.

I personally like looking at my friends for food ideas. Also, I have discovered a ton of new foods I either didn't know was lower calorie, or know of in general. If I can do the same thing for someone else, even better.

I completely understand why someone would want it to be private, but the way I see it for myself. I am going to be honest with myself and my friends, good or bad day.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Public (or Friends Only). For my part, an open food diary offers some measure of accountability for my food choices. (Conversely, I don't judge others for their food choices. To each his own, what works for some may not work for others.) In the interest of full disclosure, my food diary is accessible to any MFP user and I log the good days as well as the shameful -- I'm human and honest about my humanity. ;) I also enjoy gleaning food inspiration from others' diaries.

-public diarist, logging daily
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Open to friends only. I don't need random trolls bugging me, but don't mind input from people I know. Conversely...I don't cruise diaries of people I don't know either.
  • 2horsestoride
    2horsestoride Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I keep mine public because I like to look at other member's diaries and feel turnabout is fair play. ;) I don't look at the diary to judge; I look for food/snack ideas.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Friends only. I have been successfully losing weight for months (only a couple weeks on here) and I really don't need people trolling my diary and telling me that I'm 'not eating enough' or 'eating too much protein' or whatever the case may be. I don't care. If I ever get stuck or post in a forum asking for help, I'll make it public. My friends help me keep accountability and we can all see each others diary. (we are friends IRL, not just on here).
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'll add to what I said earlier by explaining that when I was young (10 onward) people used to make comments about how little I ate (I was very athletic and a very healthy weight). I didn't like it so I started eating more when I was in public, instead of only eating until I was full, I would eat as much as I could stuff myself with. I think that its, in part, those comments that eventually led me to becoming overweight and I'm trying to get back to my youthful habit of eating only when I'm hungry and only until I'm full. I don't want other people commenting on it. If I have problems, then I'll consider it asking other people to look at my food diary.
  • kats3boys
    Options
    Friends only..

I had excuses and excuses for not logging for most of Nov/Dec. Came back in January with the promise to myself that no matter what I was going to log. I ended up sick 2nd week in and yes I logged all my 400- 500 calorie days, although if you counted what came back up it was probably less than that.

I guess I had commented on a post ( like this one) and a few took to looking at my food diary and sending some nasty messages.

If I want help with my diary, then I will open it only to those I ask for help with, otherwise it will stay between friends.