40 pounds GONE!

Options
ltfitz89
ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
I am posting this in hopes to motivate those out there who may have lost a little hope or motivation & to get myself back to being motivated. Sorry if it's long...

I started my journey in July 2012. I was so sick of being FAT. I knew I was FAT & I didn't care enough to do anything about it. I got engaged in Virginia in June and I was horrified by the way I looked. Pictures from my brother's graduation & prom made me want to hide under a rock. He is 18, 5' 10" and weighed less than I did! I was almost 200lbs! I told myself I would not hit the 200lb mark on my scale, even if I had to starve myself for a month!

24x4c36.jpg

The day of my brother's prom, the weekend before my fiancé & I got engaged.

303jrjp.jpg
Just minutes after the proposal! (And every time I see these I cringe. I want to look back and be happy, but I am too distracted by my weight)

So... I began going to the gym with two other brides to be. My best friend turned me onto this site and kicked my butt into gear. I was really motivated at first, losing 2 or more lbs a week. My regulars at work started noticing, at I was feeling really great. My cousin's bridal shower was in August & I wanted to look cute. Both of my cousins are thinner than me, but I never knew how much thinner until I saw this picture.

w8w75g.jpg
(I am in the pink) I bought this dress & was so excited to wear it because it came from American Eagle, where I could never fit into anything. And this was on sale for less than $10 and it fit!

I was still happy with the weight I was losing & motivated to lose more weight. I found a bunch of random face shots on my phone and went back to date them all.

idvi54.jpg
My face on 9/23

282dm2r.jpg
My face on 10/7 - my cousin's wedding!

xn88ly.jpg
My face on 11/17 - just days before our engagement shoot!

2u56wx4.jpg
My face before the bridal show at our venue on 2/3

I have lost 43 lbs so far and I want to lose at least another 20. More than weight I need to tone and get rid of the flab. I have finally come to the conclusion that weight is just a number, not the way you look & I have started going back to the gym after being avoidant for too many months. My body is screaming at me for going to the gym & doing the machines and then going to Zumba yesterday, but I am not letting that get to me. I will be 145lbs for Valentines Day.... Even if I can't walk from too many sore muscles!

Hopefully all the pictures come out the right way!

Replies

• nycalison
    nycalison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! You look great! your larger pics are a bit cut off though :)
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Keep up your hard work!! You can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!