Is my goal reasonable?

Options
I mean, I look at everyone elses calorie goal for the day and its in the 1500s or the 1200s and mine is just sitting there at 1900. I set my exercise goal at 6 times a week and 45 mins as an amount goal and I've kept up with that. I also put that I want to lose 1 pound a week...is that why it's so high? I feel like if I lower it and I don't meet my goal I would feel really bad about myself. I know they plan it accordingly to your specific weight and life style and what not but I was just curious...kinda new to all this stuff.

Replies

• Ronda145
    Ronda145 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda new to all this, too, but I don't think your goal is unreasonable. You're exercising a lot, so you get more calories.

Love your glasses, by the way!

best, Ronda145
  • never124get
    Options
    Love your glasses, by the way!

Thank you!!
  • germaneagles79
    germaneagles79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did ww for a while but I couldn't make the meetings anymore due to much schedule. But anyway mfp works the same way just with calories instead of points. As bigger you are as more energy you burn. You don't want to get to much below your calorie goal because that would put your body in starvation mode and your body will hold on to everything you eat. As you lose weight your caloie goal will drop more and more. Just keep at it and enjoy the journey =)
  • ANGELRNBSN
    ANGELRNBSN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with germaneagles7. Not enough and your body will go into starvation mode and it becomes counterintuitive. You want to make sure that the majority of the days, you're getting the right number of calories....one day lower a week will not hurt you. 1-2 pounds a week is considered ahealthy weight loss...so if you feel like calorically, you can lower it....changing the amount you want to lose each week will help lower the calorie count.....but as long as you're doing pretty intense workouts at 45min a pop....you'll need more calories to keep from losing too quickly. Good luck!!
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I did ww for a while but I couldn't make the meetings anymore due to much schedule. But anyway mfp works the same way just with calories instead of points. As bigger you are as more energy you burn. You don't want to get to much below your calorie goal because that would put your body in starvation mode and your body will hold on to everything you eat. As you lose weight your caloie goal will drop more and more. Just keep at it and enjoy the journey =)
    I agree with germaneagles7. Not enough and your body will go into starvation mode and it becomes counterintuitive. You want to make sure that the majority of the days, you're getting the right number of calories....one day lower a week will not hurt you. 1-2 pounds a week is considered ahealthy weight loss...so if you feel like calorically, you can lower it....changing the amount you want to lose each week will help lower the calorie count.....but as long as you're doing pretty intense workouts at 45min a pop....you'll need more calories to keep from losing too quickly. Good luck!!

yeah starvation mode is not something to worry about...might wanna do a little more research on that... "starvation mode" is a myth and what it refers to is when you are starving, and thats at like 5% body fat and less than 800 calories for weeks...yes on fewer calories the metabollism will slow a little, but with a lot of weight to lose thats not a big issue. thats more of a concern when you are trying to lose the last several lbs and want it to be fat not muscle. all that being said, i have found as long as im active i lose just about the same weight and feel more energetic when i eat 2300cal a day as opposed to 1700. Btw another thing to look into is calorie cycling, where you have a few low days and a few high days and the weekly calories meet the average you have set. this keeps the metabolism guessing more in my opinion and makes it less prone to "slow downs"
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You want to lose 70 lbs, so I'd up my goal to 2 lbs a week after you lose about 25lb you can drop it to 1 or 1.5. As you exercise you will get extra calories "earned" for the exercise (you have to log the exercise under cardiovascular). Example: Your calorie goal is 1800, you exercise for 1 hour and earn an extra 1000 calories from exercise. Now you can eat 2800 calories that day, 1800+1000 = 2800. If you find 2 lb a week is too hard then just drop it to 1.5... Good Luck!
  • germaneagles79
    germaneagles79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think that it is important to have a healthy balanced weightloss. Specially with PCOS and the goal to maintain the weight once you got to the final goal. Js