How long do you wait to eat after working out?

Options
I'm never hungry after I work out, which is typically half an hour or so of cardio and then some sort of weight exercise, and can forget to eat for a few hours afterwards. How long afterwards do other people wait to eat (hopefully knowing this will help me structure a time to eat into my day)?

Replies

• ktrichards06
    Options
    I usually do 30-45mins of hard cardio and 30mins of weight so I eat immediately afterwards! I'm starving at that point!

It is recommended to eat after working out so my options usually are...protein shake, 1 serving beef jerky(I drink extra water when having this because of the sodium), 1 serving chocolate milk(8oz.), etc....
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My workouts are usually 30/60 mins cardio or 45 /60 mintues of weight lifting, i usually eat about 5 minutes after the workout, i usually eat Greek yogurt, or a spoon full of pnut butter, and drink a bottle if water. Tonight i had geek yogurt (100 calories and vanilla wafers, 140 calories,) 240 and i had 237 to eat before the workout, and i burned if 150 tonight, so all in all, i did good!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i usually wait 30 minutes or so, only because that's about how long it takes me to get home, let the dogs out, feed the cats, etc. unless i run errands on the way home. i have learned not to go to the grocery store hungry!
  • baxterl14
    Options
    Alright, thanks for the responses! Does anyone know if my waiting to eat until later might be slowing my weight loss? I'm not obese, just slightly overweight, so I know it can take awhile, but I just want to check.
    Thanks again!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 6am, then wait about 30 minutes, then work out. Then I have a glass of milk and maybe a piece of fruit at 10:30. And I take my lunch break at 1:30.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    About 2 minutes ......

When I leave the gym, I eat a cheesestick & some almonds while waiting for the car to warm up :laugh: