I lost it.

Options
By saying I lost it, I wish I meant weight. But I don't. I mean motivation. I'm getting married in 13 1/2 weeks but I need to lose my weight within 6 1/2 weeks because that is when I will go for my wedding dress fitting. I was doing decent but lost it two weeks ago. I've done nothing productive during those 2 weeks and I've eaten terrible.

I'm starting back today, and I say that after I've already eaten two slices of pizza for lunch. I weight 150lbs (I hope) and I need to get down to at least 137lbs although 135lbs would be optimal :( I only have 6 1/2 weeks people.. is this even possible? I know it's going to have to be done in a very unhealthy way ie hardly eating anything & moderately exercising, but it must be done! The next 6 weeks are going to be AWFUL.

Replies

• Relouw
    Relouw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The next 6 weeks can be great if you just eat sensibly and be accountable. I lost 15 pounds in January alone and I did not feel deprived in the least. Log what you eat daily and stay within your calorie limit and watch the magic happen. Good luck and congratulations. I know you will be beautiful on your wedding day regardless whether you lose the weight or not
  • 1964Lynn
    Options
    Yes this is Very possible. I had to loose weight last year because of hi cholesterol ( I didnt wont to go on medication). I was 160lbs and went down 15 pounds in 5 months and that was loosing it slow. The only exercise I did was walking 4 times a week and cut out cheese and ate less meat and I lost the weight. Know Im going away in 4 weeks and Im eating around 850 cal a day to loose what ever I can. This website has really helped me I just joined last week and lost 3lbs already. I know 850 cal is not much but Im still getting in the 4 food groups and lots of salad with salsa instead of dressing. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Silly_Otter
    Options
    It is possible, just be careful not to starve yourself too much or you run the risk of entering starvation mode :(
  • fusion777
    Options
    Did you ever hear of honeymoon salad? Lettuce alone!!

Sorry bad joke. :) But seriously, a well balanced healthy diet can probably get you down at least 10lbs before your fitting but it's going to take a lot of concentration and dedication. And it will be so worth it! Just keep imagining your husbands face when he sees you for the first time!!

Good luck and happy wedding!!
  • fittiefoodiemommy
    fittiefoodiemommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's okay! You should probably try to stick to about 1200 calories/day and do at least half an hour of cardio + half an hour of strength training 5-6x per week. Right now the treadmill is your best friend! Try the Couch to 5K program! Maybe start on week 2 since you don't have time to spare! The iPhone app costs $1.99 but it's SO worth it. I've lost 14 pounds in just over a month sticking with this regime! (C25K and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, which you can watch for free on YouTube!) Good luck! You can do it!!! Exercise in the morning and when you feel like giving up, think of your goal! You can either be one day closer or one day further from reaching it! :)
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well, i guess it's possible, but is it a good idea? Problem 1: you have to commit to a size. If you aim too small and don't make it, you might find yourself without a dress. Weight loss is kind of non-linear and unpredictable, even if you stick to every rule. Problem 2: You'll be dealing with the strain of planning your wedding, dealing with relatives, etc, on 1200 calories, which to me seems nutty mcnuts. Maybe some can do this, I'm not sure I could.

Why not shoot for halfway to your goal?

Edit: wait, you might have a time making goal weight for the fitting, but you could achieve it by the *wedding*, and on more than 1200 calories. But it means being consistent at a time you're getting thrown curveballs. Which again is possible, but, seek out support here and in your life.