coming from a different fitness site

Options
Hi im shawna im 21 and im the mother to 5 kids, i gave birth to the youngest which was a girl on july 10 2009 and the others 4 boys who are 6 5 4 4 are my step children who i have taken care of since they 2 1 10mnth and 10mnths!
i came from www.calorie-count.com, this is a much simpler and easier site to go around, im here to lose 100lbs in the long run but 40 by novemeber 21st when i plan to renew my vows( i know ive only been married 2 years but i didnt have a wedding i went to ocurt house) im currently 236 5 foot 1 inch wanna know anything else just message me

Replies

• slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great - you'll love it. Good Luck on your journey!!
  • swtonu2000
    swtonu2000 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great. Good Luck to you!
  • hunta
    hunta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    stick with it, it is a long road but worth it in the end. good luck
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • hollymires
    hollymires Posts: 117
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great! Glad you are here. :)
  • corndog05
    corndog05 Posts: 53
    Options
    I've used a lot of other sites, but this has (by far) been the easiest to log my food and exercise. I have been a long-time food journaler and have abandoned my food notebook and use only this site now. It's great.

I too started with a lot to lose (150 lbs!) and am down 73 lbs so far. This site is valuable. Make friends and log on often. You'll get great encouragement and find lots of advice and info.

Good luck!!!! You CAN do it.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I came here about a month ago from SparkPeople. I love it here, and I am sure you will too!
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great site! I know I wouldn't be where I am now without it. Just stick with it and you'll get there.
  • devoneyk
    devoneyk Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you here! :smile:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I came from DailyPlate (and sometimes used Sparkpeople)... found this site by a ticker on someone's signature on a totally unrelated message board. MFP is different - in a GOOD way. Love it here! :flowerforyou:
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Shawna,

I am glad you're here! I KNOW you'll see amazing change here! I am new here too! I've been here two weeks-ish and I've lost 3 lbs already! This is big for me.

I want to make sure you read something I ran across yesterday. It explained a lot to me about how I lose weight. It was new information... and I want to arm you against making the same mistakes I did...

Welcome!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • momma2five
    momma2five Posts: 7
    Options
    i know anythong under 1200 isnt enough and women generaly need 1400 thanks tho!
  • skylersnanna
    Options
    Hi there, I have tried many many different sites to log my food and workouts plus the forums are the most important decision decider for me, and by a long shot this one is my favorite by far, the boards are always active and everyone is so friendly and helpful, I will never cheat on you MFP this is one relationship that will be for life lol :flowerforyou:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    hehehe my sister recruited me over to calorie counter and I tried it for her. It was just too confusing. This site is VERY USER FRIENDLY and can NEVER be replaced!!! HEIDI