Favorite "Motivational" song(s)?

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
What is your favorite "Motivational" song(s) that gets you pumped while exercising? For me it's just about anything by Godsmack (the guitar and bass are just pure andrenaline) or the pace of "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters gets me going. Remember music is the food for the ears and everyone has different tastes (some like spicy some don't) so no judging. What does everyone else like?

Replies

• krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hot and Cold by Katee Perry, Love Shack (b52's), We"re not gonna take it by Twisted Sister. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I love Everlong...cuz I love the Foo's...however....when I need to get movin', I dig 'I Got A Feeling' by the BEP's....and some other stuff from way back in the 80's and 90's with bass. I used to DJ, so I have a whole playlist on my iPod that I use for cardio.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercise, on my bike anything with a steady beat. I sometimes get that &$^% "Freecreditreport.com" jingle stuck in my evil head, and then I really think about just riding into the path of a truck to end it. ""F to the R to the E to the E - to the,,,"" :mad: :mad: :angry: :explode:

In the weight room it's all about anger, fury, rage. Motorhead - and louder is better.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    In the weight room it's all about anger, fury, rage. Motorhead - and louder is better.

LEMMY!!!
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like sassy songs that make me feel like I'm shakin my booty when I'm running!

My newest is Kat Deluna "push push".

"Push push baby take it to the limit - whoa oh ohhhhhh
    Push push baby don't stop for a minute - whoa oh ohhhh!"

Can't get more motivational then that! hahaha. :happy:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options

LEMMY!!!
    Have you ever seen a photograph of Lemmy without a drink in his hand? :laugh: (He does put the drink down (nearby) to play bass, so that doesn't count).
  • deanzr2
    deanzr2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anything metal, the faster the better!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    This was weird yesterday....

My MP3 player, 1500 songs playing on random....

I'm just coming up to 1 hour of a very grueling high pace, high incline treadmill session. 3 minutes to go and I'm right at my limit... every step feeling like 20lb of weights were on each leg and then....

Europe; Final countdown comes on..... BANG motivation just increased 100% and pushed through without anymore problems :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My 17 year old daughter got me going with Lady Gaga. Some of her stuff has an awesome beat. Otherwise I'm mostly an 80's kinda girl....
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    My favourite motivational songs are definitely 90's Dance tunes! Reminds me of a much "skinnier time"! :)
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Till I Collapse - Eminem is great for running. Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen is also motivational for different reasons:laugh:
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I like the all of the songs from "Natural Born Chaos" by Soilwork. I also like the song "Breed" and "Love Song" Snake River Conspiracy. The song "Addicted" by Devin Townsend.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Elvis Costello - "Pump It Up" is a good one, Ray Charles - "Get On the Right Track" puts me in the right frame of mind when I don't want to get my workout on and the White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army" is a good'n too. But I'm a musician so this list could go on and on forever.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Dude, I have a picture or me and Lemmy where he doesn't have a drink in his hand, but I think that's because his hand was around my waist and the drink was behind me.

LEMMY!!!
    Have you ever seen a photograph of Lemmy without a drink in his hand? :laugh: (He does put the drink down (nearby) to play bass, so that doesn't count).
  • marinecpl2
    marinecpl2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    old school AC/DC and Skillet... if I am really out there for the day maybe some Lacrae...
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

"Ace of Spades" and "Overkill" are two of my favorites when I'm on the elliptical or doing a kickboxing workout.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's easy for me. P.O.D. Especially their song "Tribal Warrior".

heck yeah
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My 17 year old daughter got me going with Lady Gaga. Some of her stuff has an awesome beat. Otherwise I'm mostly an 80's kinda girl....

oh yeah...GaGa gets my heart pumping. In many different ways lol
  • tosize2
    tosize2 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hands down - The Prodigy, "Breathe."

-Breathe the pressure.
    Come play my game I'll test ya.
    Psychosomatic addict insane.

-Inhale, inhale, youre the victim.
    Come play my game.
    Exhale, exhale, exhale.