Fish Cravings

Options
Every time I start to diet and eat healthly. I get these weird cravings for fish. I set and think about having a big serving of Salmon

or opening a can of tuna. I spent hours thinking about my next meal with fish in it. Have you ever heard of any one craving fish and fish products when on a diet. Am I lacking some thing in my diet or is this just me. Let me know.

Replies

• pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    That happens to me to.... I have no idea about it or why but i would like to know the same thing..... interesting to see if we are indeed lacking something....
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    I have heard that when pregnant women lack iron they can crave dirt or chalk lol! Maybe your body wants the good fatty acids that tuna and salmon have. There is no reason to cut either of these out of a diet if prepared right. For a lower fat tuna sandwich try 1 Tbsp light mayo and 1 Tbsp light/fat free sour cream. For the salmon, I like to pouch mine in vegetable stock, and serve with 1 Tbsp basil/spinach pesto...YUM!
  • lovetodance
    lovetodance Posts: 33
    Options
    Humm, I can think of more unhealthy cravings...like Mexican food for example. Fish is loaded with protein and Omega 3 and sooo good for you. Just limit the frying. :smile: I have learned to like baked fish with lemon juice and seasonings.
  • concrete_angel
    Options
    With these fish cravings... I never get the cravings any other time other then when I'm on a diet.. I never eat tuna, salmon, or any other type of fish any other time.

I don't really crave the sugar or junk foods... just fish.

I could grill me a big piece of grilled Salmon with dill and lemon with a side of wild rice for dinner tonight and be a happy camper. LOL.

I don't need to added any thing to the tuna... just handed me a spoon and some lime juice. I'm in hog heaven... I just need FISH. LOL
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    Not a bad craving for a healthy lifestyle! I get the same way. I just bought a family pack of fresh salmon yesterday. I grilled it on my George Forman grill w/a touch a salt and a dash of butter flavored Pam cooking spray on the top. I made a sandwich w/whole grain toast, romaine lettuce and tomato...yum!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I crave eggs - poached....mmmmmm.....