Low impact workout DVDs?

Options
I am looking for some suggestions on low impact workout DVDs for a beginner. I am in okay shape, but I've not really worked out in a while. I had a c-section nearly eight months ago, and did not heal right, so if I do too much I still get sore, but short work-outs are alright. Also, I live in a mobile home, so lots of jumping around is not an option.

Oh. My goal is not so much as losing pounds as it is losing inches, and toning/strengthening my core.

Please post any suggestions!

Replies

• Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's walk off the pounds dvd's. She is motivating, pleasant and encouraging. Her walk dvd's have light aerobics like side steps, back kicks, arm raises and kicks. You can find her videos on you tube for free or her dvd's on amazon.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! You are able to slow things down, or make things more intense with resistance bands. :D
  • lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's walk off the pounds dvd's. She is motivating, pleasant and encouraging. Her walk dvd's have light aerobics like side steps, back kicks, arm raises and kicks. You can find her videos on you tube for free or her dvd's on amazon.

I second that! some are more low impact than others, the older her videos, the lower the impact!
  • animemoon5
    animemoon5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Though I really hate to admit it, I have to say, Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" actually really is low-impact , works most of your muscles, and if you don't mind the ,music so much, in my opinion is more fun than your traditional workout video...

It's not my ideal dance workout, but I do like it still because it is low impact, and something that I can start off with being so out of shape... I like how they have real people, of all sizes dancing in the background, and it's one of those things where you do what you can and if your form isn't perfect it's okay.... if it's too hard you can do your best, and once you start getting used to the steps you can throw more movement into it, put a bit more effort to get going... Whereas other videos seem to be for those already in shape...
  • angiyo
    Options
    Try the Barre3 website at http://www.barre3.com for a great mix of yoga, pilates and ballet.

They have a great on-line workouts program that allows you to choose how much time you have plus mix up what you are doing during the week. In 2 weeks I've lost 4.5 inches and feel taller and stronger in the core. They also have DVDs for sale.

Good luck. Angi.
  • KEwer1112
    KEwer1112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll give Leslie Sansone a go first since she got the most recommendations.
  • stephaniebreaux18
    Options
    Yes, agree with everyone. Leslie is the best... plus, she's super motivating!
  • cytmom
    cytmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    how do you calculate your calories burned for Leslie Sansone ... I can't find her dvds on the exercise database
  • KEwer1112
    KEwer1112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how do you calculate your calories burned for Leslie Sansone ... I can't find her dvds on the exercise database
    I'm just going to say the one mile is 20minutes, so 20 minutes of 3mph rate. And so on. It's he best I can figure it since I don't have a heart rate monitor.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd put a second recommendation for a ballet workout. I like the Ballet Conditioning Elements (or something like that). It never fails to give me a good workout and wipe me out.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    beach body Debbie seibbers slim in 6.
  • Amlynnskie
    Amlynnskie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Though I really hate to admit it, I have to say, Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" actually really is low-impact , works most of your muscles, and if you don't mind the ,music so much, in my opinion is more fun than your traditional workout video...

It's not my ideal dance workout, but I do like it still because it is low impact, and something that I can start off with being so out of shape... I like how they have real people, of all sizes dancing in the background, and it's one of those things where you do what you can and if your form isn't perfect it's okay.... if it's too hard you can do your best, and once you start getting used to the steps you can throw more movement into it, put a bit more effort to get going... Whereas other videos seem to be for those already in shape...

@ animemoon5 I LOVE Sweatin' to the Oldies!!! Definitely fun and low impact!
  • Piper911
    Piper911 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you have on demand there's a trainer in the fitness section there named Kendra Kemerly who I LOVE. she does a lot of walking videos along the same line as walk away the pounds. Very low impact but still gets you moving around. She does a few dance themed ones also. I like that most of the videos are pretty short 10- 20 min so I mix and match them so I don't get bored and build a decent length workout. I actually taped a few of them off the tv and put them on my computer so I can still do them when they take her off on demand when they rotate instructors around. ( I don't condone bootlegging or strealing videos but she does not have any available for sale I can find!)
  • Piper911
    Piper911 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Also love sweatin to the oldies but haven't been able to find it!
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Get a WII...
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone all the way - easy steps and you get a workout.
    In her 4Fast Miles she actually says that the pace is 3.5 to 4 mph - so that is how I record her workout on MFP
  • Amlynnskie
    Amlynnskie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @piper911 They have the DVD right on amazon.com, thats where I got mine from. Heres the link : D

http://www.amazon.com/Sweatin-Oldies-Vol-Richard-Simmons/dp/B001U2QEP2/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1360482102&sr=1-2&keywords=sweatin+to+the+oldies

This is the original one, he came out with more after this one....