Success! Finally joined (& went) to the gym!

Options
This might not belong in the success board but to me it is huge! I kept putting it off and putting it off! Then I decided once I lost 20 lbs, that's it, no more excuses I am signing up! So yesterday I hit my 20lb mark and went today to sign up and then did 80 minutes of cardio. It really felt amazing and I couldn't wait to come home and log my time! Woohoo! Not giving up!

Replies

• Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And I agree this should be alright to be in the success section cause it was a major milestone for you. That is great and your cardio workout was awesome for the time you put in. Continued success to you and keep up the good work.
  • bpn80
    bpn80 Posts: 43
    Options
    Nice work! Way to go, you!!
  • ckinse1288
    Options
    Thanks to both of you! It feels good to write it out here where I can be like "yay, go me!" and not feel weird about it!
  • ckinse1288
    Options
    You should, it's not as bad or scary as I thought it'd be after not really going for 2 years! I went to 2 gyms before deciding on one. Hmm... one was 56 dollars a month with a discount from my field of work and one was 10. Pretty easy decision there!
  • MissL5
    MissL5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Support from WI here :)
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you! It feels good to write it out here where I can be like "yay, go me!" and not feel weird about it!

You're going to get addicted to going! Enjoy!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's great! When I get home from the gym, the first thing I do is log my workout on MFP. Love to see how much more I will get to eat for the day!

Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • sherylloveschocolate2much
    Options
    That's fantastic and I'm really pleased that you felt so good afterwards.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    awesome..! Just don't be afraid of the free weight section...:)
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Great job and keep it up, girl! :smile:
  • ckinse1288
    Options
    Thank you all for the support! Makes this journey so much easier for me.
  • 00snook
    Options
    Well done thats great news.

Remember to incorporate some strength training into your gym workouts. Not half as intimidating as it sounds, and fantastic for burning calories and building muscle.

For every pound of muscle you build your body will burn more calories, making weight loss even easier as you gradually become a calorie burning machine!

Ask one of the gym instructors to do you a strength routine and try to stick with it. It will definitely help you towards your goals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!