Do you ever wonder if you are doing it right?

Options
I weigh and measure when I can and I always break stuff down to make sure I am capturing it all. So I don`t put in ham sandwich...I have bread, ham, mayo, lettuce etc. But I wonder how close I am to actually being right. I haven`t moved scale wise lately but I feel different and I have to hang on to that because I usually end up failing when the scale doesn`t move.

Replies

• thetinkerbell71
    thetinkerbell71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wonder all the time! If you weren't seeing any results then I'd say you need to see a nutritionist. But you're already noticing that your clothes fit different and you feel better too, right? Just keep plugging away and see a pro if you really want to kick it!
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend a scale if you're not using one already. I measure my items primarily in ounces or grams, and the occasional mL. For fluids I'll use fl oz but that's only for free flowing liquids. I have no idea what "a cup of broccoli" is, so I measure that in grams and I do that for everything that I can't measure in ounces.

If you are really baffled, you should overestimate because that'll keep you on a slightly tighter diet, which can only be beneficial if you're trying to lose weight of any kind.
  • CarlyWeb
    Options
    This might sound "off", but try eating MORE. Even if it means more calories, try eating more veggies. More spinach, broccoli, cabbage, kale, etc. every day. It helps the body process better and move things better. Sometimes eating too few calories creates a stale-mate and eating MORE kicks it back into weight loss mode.

Be sure to include plenty of water and if you ca, try to not have bread and mayo...go with whole grain rounds, rice cakes, etc. and mustard. :-)

Nosey Carly, at your service....