New Mom Need To Lose 40lbs

Options
Hey I'm a new mom of a 4 month old baby girl. I've never been over 130lbs my whole life until I her and 130 was my all time biggest. I'm now 180lbs and I can't seem to lose weight. It's my fault really and I'm aware of it but I'm ready to start losing weight now and I have so much motivation in myself. One obstacle will be that my husband is actually trying to gain weight so its hard to come up with a meal plan.. I guess I'm just going to have to cook two different meals. I'm thinking about going on the no carb diet because although it is unhealthy it has worked for me in the past. I'm also thinking about walking a few miles a day and doing Pilates. Does anyone have any suggestions on my diet and exercise plan. And is there anyone out there that can help keep me motivated and I will do the same for you?

Replies

• shannonsumner92
    Options
    Hey I'm a new mom of a 4 month old baby girl. I've never been over 130lbs my whole life until I her and 130 was my all time biggest. I'm not 180lbs and I can't seem to lose weight. It's my fault really and I'm aware of it but I'm ready to start losing weight now and I have so much motivation in myself. One obstacle will be that my husband is actually trying to gain weight so its hard to come up with a meal plan.. I guess I'm just going to have to cook two different meals. I'm thinking about going on the no carb diet because although it is unhealthy it has worked for me in the past. I'm also thinking about walking a few miles a day and doing Pilates. Does anyone have any suggestions on my diet and exercise plan. And is there anyone out there that can help keep me motivated andI will do the same for you?
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hey hun! Well I am also a mom of 2 and I went up to 170 lbs. now I am at my goal of 128 the weight I was before I had my kids. If you are working out at home maybe you can try some of Jillian Michaels DVDs. She is awesome. I can't live without carbs!!!!!

Friend request sent.
  • AnikaP81
    AnikaP81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My littlest one is 11 months now (I have 2) and I started the journey about 4 months ago. Please don't just cut out the carbs to lose weight quickly. Much better is well balanced (carbs, fat, and protein) nutrition and keeping track of overall calories consumed. You need carbs to fuel your body and a low/no carb diet may give you quick results for now, but it is not maintainable in the long run. Whatever changes you make, do not think of it as a diet, but rather a life style change. It's the only thing that will last.