Anyone dance?

Options
Does anyone else dance to burn calories :D?

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Sort of..I love to go out dancing with my friends and there is always a loss on the scale the next day.And I like to play "just dance" with my kids.But it's not my main form of excercise. It's great to know your burning calories while having fun!
  • mhaight85
    Options
    Yes! My husband just got me Just Dance for Christmas, so much fun and while I have no idea how many calories I'm burning I always work up a sweat!
  • Pete620
    Options
    Yep, I swing dance one to two times a week, and I've just started getting into contra dancing. Dancing is a great way to burn calories, and it's fun! Do you dance Zarfex?
  • khburris
    Options
    I love to dance to burn calories! 460 cals in an hour!
  • never124get
    Options
    That's actually all I do and I've lost weight! So far so good. Every morning I do anywhere from 45 mins to 60 mins of Just Dance (the just sweat version) You have no idea how much it makes you work. But it's great fun and you don't realize you are actually "working out" because you have so much fun doing it!
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I dance for cardio. I do 40 minutes of Just Dance on the Wii. It's pretty challenging, but fun.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    That's my preferred way to burn calories/cardio. I usually do Zumba. If I could find a great bellydance or hula DVD that was a really good workout, I would incorporate that in. I also have Core Rhythms as well. I also burn 450+ an hour for a high intensity workout.
  • animemoon5
    animemoon5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! It's about the only way I can myself to really move and exercise.... From Dance Dance Revolution, to Turbo Jam, and even Sweatin' to the Oldies... I love it all! =) The Zumba DVD's I got, well, I can't seem to get my body to move to it well enough lol =p when you're 250-300lbs it's a bit difficult =p So I am holding off on that for now....

Dance Dance Revolution has been my favorite for ages, however while it does get my heart rate going fast, burns the calories and strengthens my legs and improves my balance... it does absolutely nothing for my upper body.... I love it but after realizing how weak my arms were, I've started going to dance videos instead, =x

Sometimes if there is a music video with an easy or catchy dance that goes with it, I like to challenge myself and try to learn it, in an attempt to come up with my own song list and dances that I can use for a good work out =)