What Shape Am I?

DrBorkBork
DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I hope this is in the right place. I am going to my cousin's wedding next month and will have to, inevitably, go shopping. I feel like it would help if I knew what shape I am (other than round, LOL). I've lost a lot of weight, and there's stores I've been wanting to shop at (Buckle, Hollister, etc).
Okay, so here's how I'm built:

Good/medium shoulders
Small/medium bust (average?)
Tend to carry most of my weight in my gut & thighs.

I have a 34" waist currently (down from a 50 in October, WOOT!) And wear a size 12. I'm thinking I'll be in 10s next month.

I don't think I'm pear shaped, maybe apple. My grandma always said I had an hourglass figure, even as a chubby pre-teen. HELP!

Replies

• kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    It would be eaiser to tell you what shap you are if you posted a full body picture.
  • DrBorkBork
    Here's my most recent shot, taken about 5 lbs ago:

Picture001-1.jpg
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I think you are a V-shape - broad shoulders, narrow hips, but still curvy. No way you are an apple.

editted to add: Hollister's sizes run super small - their 12/10 are more like an 8.
  • cardswimmom
    cardswimmom Posts: 71
    Definitely not an apple...V shape looks right.
  • acakeforawife
    acakeforawife Posts: 207
    Hard to tell from that photo -- it makes you look top heavy because of the angle, but you describe your body as the upper half being smaller and carrying most of your weight in your gut/thighs. The way you DESCRIBE would be a pear, but from this photo, I'd agree with the "V" comment above. Definitely not an apple either way though, not if you have a small waist.

Sorry I'm not really much help! I describe my body type as 'snowman'. :wink:
  • XFitMojoMom

Sorry I'm not really much help! I describe my body type as 'snowman'. :wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, not to laugh at you, but love the self effacing humor. I usually describe myself as doughboy-esque:indifferent:
  • DrBorkBork
    LOL, I'd never even heard of a V shape! What angle would give a better idea of build? Profile? Front?
  • XFitMojoMom
    straight on would work - but V is a shape... I call it the body builder body, or the swimmer body, because of the broad shoulders and narrow waist.
  • You should probably take a front shot.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    I think I agree with your grandma - you have an hourglass shape. You have a beautiful shape! You're well balanced with your shoulders and your hips and have a smaller waist. The picture makes your shoulders look broader than they are because of the way you have your hands on your hips... but looking at the line from the edge of your shoulder to your hips... I'd have to say hourglass. You look great!
  • acakeforawife
    acakeforawife Posts: 207
    Yeah, a front-on shot, and make sure the camera is not held too high and tilted downwards, that's what's making your legs look a lot smaller than your shoulders. Try to hold the camera at a height that you can hold it straight and still fit in the head-to-toe shot.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    First off, you don't have an average bust. I'd say you're hourglass too. If you're buying a dress, go with something that has an empire waist, something a-line, maybe flowy short sleeves.
  • DrBorkBork
    I'll have hubs take a front shot tonight then! :)

You guys are being super helpful. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.