Looking for new snack ideas

Options
Hello MFP Community,

I'm looking for some new snack ideas. I typically have two snacks at work - a protein with a fruit or veggie. I've been rotating cheese sticks, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and hummus and wheat crackers. It's been one month, 10 lbs, and a lack of variety. Would love to hear how you spice up the lunch bag!

Replies

• kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Check out my blog, I have a huge list of snacks under 100 calories.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    beef jerky
  • shelbystatic
    shelbystatic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up an apple and put cinnamon and no calorie sweetener on it and microwave it until they are soft.
  • kelbax22
    kelbax22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like to cut up an apple and put cinnamon and no calorie sweetener on it and microwave it until they are soft.

MMMM that sounds so good :)
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Morning tea usually consists of two boiled eggs (for my good fat intake - I'm allergic to nuts) and Afternoon tea usually consists of ryvita crispbreads (or other crackers) with low fat philadelphia cheese with a side of shrimps :smile:
  • archie1964
    archie1964 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    3 x Kavli Crispy thin Crispbreads with cottage cheese, tomato relish and John West tuna (in springwater)

all up around 130 calories
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love the rosemary triscuits and top em with laughing cow cheese or salsa.
  • gamo701
    Options
    Cut a fairly ripe banana lengthwise and grill in a dry non-stick pan til nicely brown if you are craving sweet - really makes the natural sugars of the banana come to life and kills a sweet craving as it actually fills you up
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    salsa is ridiculously low on calories and jazzes up vegie sticks or crackers. I also like taking different fruit or vegies to eat raw every day, and generally have a packet of processed snacks - i eat very little in the way of processed foods so i think i'm okay. currently I have 'ototto' which are japanese puffed potato snacks at 44 cal/packet, but often it's rice crackers or weight watchers chips, or cheese and cracker pre-assembled packs. if i'm home, fruju (nz fruit based popsicle style iceblock) or a yoghurt usually hits the spot. i'm fiending the peanut-butter-by-the-spoonful thing too - got the lowest cal one i could find because the stuffs like crack and i will happily fill in remaining calorie gaps with it!

I also find chewing gum if i 'think' i might be hungry to work quite well too.
  • 6Petite
    6Petite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you like Yogurt, Key Lime Pie, and Cheesecake, I highly recommend Yoplait Greek 100 calorie Key Lime yogurt. ...
  • kellychew
    Options
    My favorite snacks are: Hunt's chocolate pudding (sugar free) with a small banana = 132 calories
    or Dole diced peaches (no sugar added) mixed with 1/2 cup 1% small curd cottage cheese = 115 calories.
    Both of these snacks are very filling and taste great!
    Good luck.