Sore throat

Options
I've woken up with a really sore throat. Before mfp I'd drink loads of orange juice.
Any other low kcal options to help soothe my throat???

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I always make this tea thing with a bit of honey, sliced lemon and fresh cut ginger in hot water. Soothes my throat and tastes yummy. Not sure the calories.
  • ShannyMarie1
    Options
    I was going to recommend ginger tea also. My kids just got over strep and the dr recommended freezing fat free yogurt...it worked and they loved it. Plus, if you take meds you need to add yogurt to help prevent yeast infections. Kill two birds with one stone.
  • snowbird13
    snowbird13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just gargle with hydrogen peroxide and scope and take vitamin c supplements. (supplements before gargle!!). H2O2 does a great job at killing germs and it fizzes so it feels nice to gargle it. The scope kills any that's left behind and it has a real strong flavor that leaves your mouth feeling cool and refreshed. DON'T SWALLOW EITHER!!! The vitamin c supplements help boost your immune system to kick the sore throat at it's source. Depending on the supplements you buy (i like the gummy ones), the whole ordeal is anywhere between 0 and 5 calories.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Warm beverages like tea seems to help. You can add honey and lemon if you have the cals and like it.

I really like Emergen-C fizzy drinks for vitamin-C, they're about 20-25 cals a pop for 1000mg vit-C. However, research is pretty inconclusive about if vitamin C makes any difference...but it makes me feel better, even if it's only in my head. :tongue:

What can actually help is Zinc- zinc lozenges are the most absorbable and can soothe your throat at the same time.