Sketchers Shape Ups

Options
Any good reviews for these shoes?

Replies

• cherikopveiler
    cherikopveiler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair and am excited to get using them! I wore them for about an hour the first night I bought them because my feet were killing me shopping. They felt like heaven! They were very soft and cushiony and I did feel it in my calves and hamstrings later on that evening. They also come with a dvd witha couple of workouts.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've heard that they don't really do much in terms of noticeable toning, but they're super comfy (a lot of my lab co-workers and nurses are wearing them for that reason alone).
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    They help me feel the exercise a lot more--playing tennis & walking uphill leave a couple of days' lingering feeling. JC Penney is having a sale on them (or was two weeks ago), so I got them for $80 v. $110. They are wonderful so far. Besides the exercise boost, the shoes are comfortable--it feels like there's a pocket of air in your shoes.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Exactly, that’s what I’ve heard. They are comfortable, the increase in toning is just a placebo effect (the result of increased walking b/c they are comfortable) but if you are running DO NOT BUY. They even come with a warning, dangerous to run in. Either a certain muscle is overstrained or b/c they are a tripping hazard I am not sure.
  • bethie0828
    bethie0828 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have had them since end of January. I absolutely love them. If you have a ****'s Sporting Goods you can walk the little inside track and test drive them. They offer a much wider style variety online, so if you do like them and know your size (mine are actually 1/2 size smaller). Kohl's seems to have the best price when they are on sale, and you can get coupons for Kohl's on line.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I wear the Dr Scholl brand but only because I am on my feet for a 12.5 hour shift and they cushion my legs. Toning, don't know, able to wear for hours, oh yeah..
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I have the Dr Scholls brand too and yes, I notice a difference. I wear tennis shoes all the time and have plantar fasciitis - since wearing them I've noticed that the back of my calves are more stretched out. I have noticed that my legs are more toned since wearing them. And I felt just like urbinachick when I first heard about them... but there is something to the technology... my legs feel great!
  • arzimmerman
    arzimmerman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the Target knock off ($30) and it seems as if they support my back more. I haven't noticed any toning difference but when I'm standing for long periods of time, I noticed my back doesn't hurt as much as it would in regular tennis shoes...which is great for me!
  • Yvette135
    Yvette135 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback!:flowerforyou:
  • miriambeal
    miriambeal Posts: 13
    Options
    I love mine, I just got them! I asked around to friends and some other moms at church who raved about them.. I think they are great! I also got mine online, they have more variety!