How many calories? Weight loss stalled

What does everybody eat MFP says I should eat 1200 the TDEE calc says 1450 ?
I try to work out 5 times a week 45 mins to an hour, X2weights, X2swim, X2 Race walks
Lost 21lbs do far, have 38lbs left to loose

Interested on thoughts of those with experience

Replies

• For me it depends how much weight I have lost but I have noticed that throughout my weight loss I have times when my weight sticks for about six or seven weeks. This is usualy after about 30lbs or 40lbs.
    Just keep going I think it is my body re ajusting to what is happening (not very sientific I know )

I was 294lbs when I started my weight loss in Nov 2011 and am now 230lbs and this has happened to me a couple of times.
    Don't get disheartened, keep going.

Bobby
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Every one is VERY different, but I personally am an eater. I do NOT like the 1200 calorie crap that goes on around here. Your TDEE is total daily energy expenditure, the amount of calories you would need to maintain your current weight at your current activity level.

check out scoobysworkshop.com and www.fat2fitradio.com for detailed calculators, this should help you determine a better daily goal.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Other peoples calorie intake bears no relation to your own really. You need to work out your own levels to lose. Someone else's could be different. You dont give your height or your weight so how could anyone suggest what calories you should be eating? I personally would never eat at 1200 as I don't need to eat that little to lose weight. what works for me is eating 20% less than my estimated TDEE. Don't compare yourself to others, just find what works for YOU and stick with it. Good luck x
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Thanks for the ideas guys, and for the website, think I'll up the calories and see how I go
    Its not something I've tried before but then wouldn't be here if I was all that great at it would I
    I appreciate the time xx