Loosing weight too fast??

Options
So... I've lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks. I know I really shouldn't be complaining, but does that sounds normal?? I feel healthier than I've ever been. I told someone today how much weight I've lost recently and they looked at me like I was starving myself. I'm definitely not! To be fair I've pretty much completely cut out all the junk I was eating before and do cardio exercises about 4 times a week . My start weight was 165 and I'm 5'7'' with an average build. I know someone out there probably wants to kick me right now, I just wasn't expecting it to happen that fast. This is the first time in my life I've ever been able to loose weight. Why is it so easy now? If I keep doing what I'm doing how much will I loose? When will it start to slow down and even out?? Someone out there tell me I'm not the only one!

Replies

• SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The first week or so you will lose a bunch of "water weight." This is probably the main source to your loss. Don't expect a big loss on week 3. As long as you are sticking to your calorie limits then you should be fine. Something must be motivating you to lose weight which is why it has become easier to do. Keep up the good work.
  • TarshCooper001
    TarshCooper001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 pounds in my forst week and a half. It has now slowed to an average of 1-1.5 pounds per week now (on week 4) keep motivated :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    How many net calories are you eating daily?

Honestly, its probably water weight and the pace will slow down dramatically. But, just to be sure, your net cals will give a better understanding. The first couple weeks are weird, you probably won't know what's REALLY going on for about 6 weeks, unfortunately.
  • freerebecca
    freerebecca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, the water weight thing makes total sense. I hadn't even thought of that! I'm goaled at 1530 calories a day and it averages out somewhere around there. Usually I end at a little less, especially on days that I work out.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, the water weight thing makes total sense. I hadn't even thought of that! I'm goaled at 1530 calories a day and it averages out somewhere around there. Usually I end at a little less, especially on days that I work out.

Sounds reasonable. I am pretty confident its water. Don't freak out in the next couple weeks when it slows dramatically. Just keep on keeping on, what you're doing sounds perfect.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Water weight. I lost about 20 lbs the first month and it's slowed down now. Keep it up, just don't be discouraged when that happens. Now that it's so slow I just tell myself, "Heck, before I was just gaining every week (literally. 90lbs in a year, bleh) so I'll take this any day, no matter how slow!"
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    That's pretty fast for your height and weight. What's your ultimate goal? Sometimes losing fast means you're using methods that aren't really sustainable in the long term. It's usually best to take it slow and keep it off for the long term. But I guess if it's water weight because this is new and a bit of a shock to the system it will probably even out soon and then you'll get more slow, steady, and normal results. Remember that the closer you get to your goal weight the slower the weight comes off, so don't get discouraged if the loss slows WAY down in a couple of weeks. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    my girlfriend lost over 300 pounds of unwanted fat sure i jiggled the locked on the front door like 100 time but after awhile i just got really hungry and walked down the street and laid in the bushes
  • MLibby84
    Options
    I lost 10lbs in 3 weeks and I'm significantly shorter than you( 4'11) my calories were 1350 when I started( wasn't very active, and my goal was to loose 1lb a week and yes most of it was water weight) no see a personal trainer 2x a week and I work out 3 days a week at the gym on my own. I lost 1.6 lbs last week so I knew I was starting to slow down a bit so I upped my 1lb a week to 1.5 a week and it bumped my calorie up to 1500. So I weigh in today we shall see how what that has done. at this point I am just happy with loosing weight. I have gone down a size in jeans and have been able to wear shirts that didn't fit me a month ago fits me now. So I'm happy w/ the inches too. I have many days and times where I am frustrated and ask " why haven't my legs gotten smaller or why do I still have a bulge tummy.I know I didn't put this weight on over night and I know it won't all come off over night either.
    just need to keep focusing on what I'm doing.

Keep up the great work!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Go with what MoreBean said. I lost 11lbs in a week when I first started. (that was last year, and I entirely quit trying for a long while, and have since decided to actively try again, so my loss number no longer reflects that)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in a month for similar reasons. It'll level off, just make sure you're not cutting too hard.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds in the first 11 days..after that it levelled off to 2 pounds a week..I think a lot of it was water weight..
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds in my first week, following the standard macro. It slowed down. Plus, it may be that since you are reducing your calorie intake, you keep less of a rolling food cycle in your body at any given time. It will level out. If you keep losing too much too quick, up your calories by 100, and give it a week. Eat more of your exercise calories back. Happy and healthy futures to you.
  • Staphaureus
    Options
    It's the start ... this will taper off. Also, realize that there's a difference between losing fat, muscle, and water weight.

You are doing a great job, whatever you are doing continue it. Make sure you get enough calories, work out and get the appropriate ratio of macronutrients. Some recommend a 50/30/20 and others a 40/30/20 of Carbs-Protein-and Fat!

You are doing fabulous either way. Cheers!