What was once old is new again

Options
First off, I had to create a new account, so if anyone wants to be mfp friends, please add me! I'm practically friendless!

I'm a stay at home mom (willingly unemployed for the first time ever) with 2 kids (age 6 and almost 9 months). This is my second real commitment to my weight loss journey. I lost approximately 50lbs during the summer of 2011. Then I got pregnant, started school, and let life (and laziness) take over. I gained back all the weight I had lost, plus about 25lbs. It was hard to think about starting over, but since I have done it once, I know I can do it again.

After everything settled post pregnancy, I was right back where I started at 240 (5'3"). (ps, for those who lose tons of weight breastfeeding, I secretly hate you :-P)

Our family has always eaten relatively healthy, but I have trouble with portion control and exercise. I am making it a mission to eat more veggies and less red meat keep going to the gym 5+ days a week, and get outside with the kids more once the weather warms up.

I turn 30 in about 4 months, and that number has always loomed large, dark, and ominous in my mind. I never pictured myself as the fat mom, but here I am. I didn't go to my 10 year high school reunion because I didn't have anything good to share (well, besides my son, but he wasn't invited). I am hugely self conscious around strangers in a social setting because of my size. My clothes don't fit right... Even my bigger clothes, because this pregnancy redistributed my fat wherever it thought best. I want to find my confidence again, and be the fun mom whom my kids will be proud to claim!

Replies

• Xanthyjools
    Xanthyjools Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow... firstly can i say well done for being honest and welcome back. You sound amazing, and it feels as though you have the will power to do this again.

:-)
  • michellenichole83
    michellenichole83 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just have to remember that it never comes off as quickly or easily as it went on, lol. :-)
  • emmaemily68
    Options
    I used to think the same thing but when I said this to a friend once a few years ago she said, "Emma, it's taken you 39 years to get to the weight you are, it's not going to take you anywhere near that long to loose it all."
    Reading your post reminded me of this and has given me the boost I needed.
    We're all here for the same reason and we CAN do it, we really can! Just imagine, if we spend just one year of our lives concentrating, pushing on and comitting ourselves to loosing weight this time next year we'll all be so much fitter, healthier, slimmer and happier. I've only lost 8lb so far and have a long long way to go but I know that if I lost just 2lb each and every week I'll be where I want to be by christmas and we all know how quickly that comes round!
    With help, encouragement and support from each other we can do. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to .
  • vickmar8
    vickmar8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,feel free to add me! I have the same issue with portion control ,I 'm a mom of a teen girl and i know how it is to want your children feel proud of you! Hope you will reach your goals!
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place - you can do this. Feel free to add me if you need more friends. My "babies" are now over 6ft tall and pat me on the head, but I've been there Hun, I really have :flowerforyou: