New to counting calories. Thank God lost 8 Lbs in a week

Options
Hey whats going on everyone? I am new to counting calories and have found this site to be very helpful. Hopefully I am able to continue counting calories and losing weight. I am 357 lbs and only 5'8 and am 34 years old male. I been eating 1800 calories a day mostly of healthy foods like grilled skinless chicken breast and steamed veggies and lean beef. It was extremely tough the first 4 days on counting calories. It got much better after that and when I see results on the scale it makes me stay motivated. I have a calories deficit of around 1400 calories a day and I do not struggle with hunger pains only eating 1800 calories per day. I never realized that eating certain foods that are not high in calories but are very filling has been the key to feeling full while eating less. God willing I continue on this program of counting calories and once I lose 40 lbs I can start walking more and doing some cardio to help keep my metabolism up. If anyone has any suggestions to stay motivated it will be much appreciated.

Replies

• shepram50
    shepram50 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello counting cals was a new thing for me. I saw a friend who was on here an he lost 50 lbs in 6 months an looked great. He was my inspration to join here and since then I havent looked back, I was amazing all the things that I ate b4 and were racking up the cals. I found once in the swing of things its become almost OCD on charting no matter what I've eatin I just keep going and going I time after awhile just become second nature for me atleast. Im heavier but taller than you im 6'2 and what I have started with was walking and doing a stationary bike to my fav. shows on TV an b4 I know it time is gone an Im sweating like crazy. I chart the time logged an feels awesome I realize its a approx. cause each body is different but you feel the confidence! Thats whats kept me going an the feeling of losing the weight and stress of the body is been great add me if you wish and good luck and keep it going!!!!
  • asadtm
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. I agree with you about not realizing how many calories a person can rack up. It takes some getting used to when it comes to counting calories but it is much more doable in my opinion than other "diets". I can eat whatever I want but choose to eat healthier because I get more full from eating certain foods than eating high calorie foods. I just pray that I continue on this journey without getting off counting calories. I need to loose at least 100 lbs to really feel healthy. Good luck with your losing weight.