Looking for friends - 30-35 year olds from UK?

Options
Hi, I'm looking for some friends on here to keep each other going, have a laugh with, and provide some support and companionship on my healthy eating, weight losing journey.
I'm lucky in that I've always been fairly slim and active, but since I hit 30 I seem to be less active (desk based job) and eating more (people bring cake into the office! Yesterday it was homemade macaroons which are so delicious but at over 200 calories each completely blew my target!). I'm doing my best to stay slim, fit and healthy but it can be hard at times will all the tempting foods around.
I'm hoping to build up enough fitness to do some 5k and maybe even 10k runs this summer so I need to make sure that I eat healthily as my body will need the right nutrition. If any of you are local to me (Oxfordshire) maybe we could even build up to this together.
Hope to hear from anyone who'd like to be friends.

Replies

• shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i am here, please feel free to add me.
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm the same as you always been fairly slim but since having my two children I just can't seem to get down to the weight I used to be, I'm 30 and from Hampshire I have roughly 16lbs to loose and really need to concentrate on toning up, feel free to add me.
  • embeck79
    embeck79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me im 33 and live in Devon, I also try hard to eat healthy and stay active like you harder since hitting 30 to keep the weight off, I also have a very big sweet tooth and quite often fall off the wagon :) x
  • monkeybuddha
    monkeybuddha Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 32 and in York. Trying to get fit and healthy and resist the temptations of chocolate. Feel free to add me :)
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hi, am 30 from Kent and on here most days. Feel free to add me if you want, and would also recommend the team UK group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/167-team-uk
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Hiya, I am in the UK but not 30-35, can i still join your party?:happy: I'm 43 but I do feel like 30, does that counts???

Add me if you like, I am very supportive and I am on the site everday, rain or otherwise.

Good luck
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 31 and from the uk, east anglia region.
    Please add me if you like.

Are there any park runs in your area? Great 5km weekly "races"
    Good luck on your journey.
  • MrsKB18
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 33 and live in Southport. I need to shed about 30lb. I've done SW and WW before but since I found this app thought why do I need to pay someone to tell me if I have or haven't lost weight. Actually enjoying being in complete control. I only started last Friday, so not going to weigh in till this Friday! Feel free to add me. I could do with the support. And good luck to all! :-) x
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    33, used to live your sort of way, now in the grim norf!
    Do various activities and plan to do some 10ks and maybe a half marathon or two this year in preperation for a big triathalon though at the moment I've just been doing weights and rock climbing.

Feel free to add me.
  • AnotherAngela
    AnotherAngela Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 32, mum of two and relatively new. Please feel free to add me I'd love the support.