Reaching out

Options
Hello All,

I have been on here for a few months now, and love the site. Normally i sit in the background and just kinda check stuff out, but since this is a forum for change I thought I would reach out and say hello to everyone.

So, i have been doing the whole p90x thing for about 9 weeks now. I have not been doing the food portion of it, but trying to keep my calories to <2000 per day. I am having mixed results...some successes and some failures. My problem is that I love to cook, and I love food to taste great....things like butter make food taste great.

So, thats a bit about me, please feel free to add me. I love the community here and all the support is great!

Replies

• jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Welcome aboard.....I love this site too and I have only been on here like 2 weeks!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I also love butter and personally think it is better for you then some of the margarine. Just in moderation.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well it turns out I'm also the household cook, so you don't have to suffer, you've got the power, there are tons of great tasting really low cal stuff out there. Remember your cooking so the rest have to eat whatever you make.
  • mtracy11
    mtracy11 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm glad to see you on here! I have the same problem and over the past few weeks, I have realized that there are ways to make changes that still taste good, but don't have the adverse affects to your health. Using applesauce in recipes instead of oil, extra virgin olive oil, and less butter and NO margarine are all great examples. I have also cut salt out of everything!!! At times it is frustrating, but slowly I feel that positive changes are being made that will help me AND my family! Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,678 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I have been on here for a few months now, and love the site. Normally i sit in the background and just kinda check stuff out, but since this is a forum for change I thought I would reach out and say hello to everyone.

So, i have been doing the whole p90x thing for about 9 weeks now. I have not been doing the food portion of it, but trying to keep my calories to <2000 per day. I am having mixed results...some successes and some failures. My problem is that I love to cook, and I love food to taste great....things like butter make food taste great.

So, thats a bit about me, please feel free to add me. I love the community here and all the support is great!
    Hello to you too!

I'm doing the P90X thing again too. I'm on Week 3, and I should be upstairs doing Yoga X right now. :wink:

I'm not doing the Nutrition Plan either, but I definitely have a plan, and the MFP Food Diary has been the best tool ever for me.

OK, Tony is calling my name. I'd better get busy and Bring It.