4 month mark

Options
So, 4 months ago today I decided to join the biggest loser competition that was happening at my community center. I had lost weight before but I was beyond frustrated with my yo-yo dieting and exercising. I wanted to do something FOR REAL this time, so even though I was very intimidated I decided to sign up anyway.

I did my final weigh in this morning. I have lost 42lbs, a total of 22 1/2 inches, 4% of my body fat and 15.63% of my total body weight in the last 16 weeks! I may not win the competition (I'm currently 6th) but at least I know I have accomplished what I have set out to do. I told myself I wanted to lose at least 40lbs and I did. My fitness pal as well as all the classes I've been taking at the gym have made that possible for me.

I know this is just the first step toward my ultimate goal but it feels good to know that I stuck it out and have something to show for it. I just signed up for a summer slimdown and plan on signing up for the next biggest loser competition in the fall. I hope that all of this will keep me on track for my first half marathon that I will be doing in October.

Overall, I'm just proving to myself that despite working full time, going to school and carting my kids around to all their sporting events I CAN make time to exercise and I CAN be successful! It's a great feeling and I can't wait ill I can say that I've lost 40 more pounds and ultimately reached my goal!

Replies

• mtracy11
    mtracy11 Posts: 13
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so proud of you! I love to hear stories just like yours!!!
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You have challenged yourself, and you are a true winner!
  • kmu1971
    kmu1971 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! Good job :happy:
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congrats , that is an awesome job!! With your motivation and determination you will get to your goal :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Rock on!
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats on what you have achieved so far! With your positive attitude, there's no doubt that you will continue to be successful in your goals. I find stories such as yours to be very motivational -thanks for sharing!
  • inspiration78
    Options
    Thanks all! I appreciate your encouragement. I AM going to do this!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!