**that time of the month**

Options
i feel huge and all i wan tto do is lay in bed with my dog and watch life time movies and eat a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream !!!! I weighed myself this morning and i was up 2 pounds !!! WTF...i dont want to do ANYTHING at all....someone HELP...i need CHOCOLATE and i feel like a whale !!!

Replies

• mtracy11
    mtracy11 Posts: 13
    Options
    Force yourself out of bed and go for a walk with your dog!!! This will begin to stimulate endorphins that not only help you burn calories, but rid your body of the crampy bloated feeling that comes along with that special time of each month. :) If you HAVE to have something sweet, try fat free pudding. It's pretty good and helps the sensation!
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    Sorry, I can't help! But I am feeling the EXACT same way!!! I have killer cramps (feels like my insides are being twisted and torn apart, literally!!!). I got on the scale today and was 2 pounds heavier too :( How discouraging!!!

I pushed myself to go to the gym, even if it was only for 30 minutes! I walked slow, but I did it. I also have major back ache too :(

I'd love to laying on the couch, watching wife swap, and eating ice cream, yum!
  • pamela35
    pamela35 Posts: 14
    Options
    The extra 2 pounds are prob. from water and being bloated, it will go away, but t you do have to get up and walk it really will help with the cramps and the crappy feeling! Try something that is fat free or the 100 calories pack that are chocolate!
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    Force yourself out of bed and go for a walk with your dog!!! This will begin to stimulate endorphins that not only help you burn calories, but rid your body of the crampy bloated feeling that comes along with that special time of each month. :) If you HAVE to have something sweet, try fat free pudding. It's pretty good and helps the sensation!

For me, exercising ALWAYS makes my cramps worse (and they are already pretty debilitating)! :( Which is why I could only stand doing 30 minutes. I wish it were the other way around though :( But I did SOMETHING :)
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    try forgo the chocolate, try huge cup of tea and a hot water bottle... I know not quite the same, but at least the pain decreases... always a good thing!

and really don't weigh yourself then, you already know your weight will have gone up, mix in hormones going skitz and your just setting yourself up to feel horrible...

just realise whats going on and skip a weigh in. Its better than discouraging yourself when you already know whats going on.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Working out will make you FEEL better emotionally, as well as physically because of the endorphins that are released. Also helps with pain from cramps.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I have the pill that you take for three months straight, only have your period 4 times a year. It's wonderful! I pretty much don't even really get a period anymore - and I LOVE it! If you're healthy enough to take it, ask your doc what he/she thinks. I don't PMS, I don't get bloated, no more cramps, where I use to when I was on the regular pill. Just a suggestion.