Gym with a cold?

Options
This is prob a no brainer.....would you still go to the gym is you had a terrible cold? I feel horrible about myself and could use a pick me up but I also hate to be that person.

Replies

• andreamarieroberts
    Options
    "If it's in your head, go ahead. If it's in your chest, take a rest."
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, mostly because if I were someone else at the gym, I wouldnt want to be breathing heavy in the same contained area as someone who was sick. Plus the whole touching things, unless you are going to sanitise every thing you touch...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Meh, I went today...will go tomorrow.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Don't be *that* person. I hate that person right now for infecting me with an awful sinus infection which has spread to my ear. @%#)#@)*& RAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEE
  • harria2
    Options
    I did it last week, and although I felt about, it made me feel better! Lots of hand sanitizers and cover any coughs or sneezes. As long as you don't have a febrile and don't feel like your going to collapse, I say go for it! There are more annoying things at the gym than your sniffles which can't be heard over the music!
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I think other people at the gym would appreciate you taking a break. Maybe do some home workouts. There's a ton of stuff on youtube you can try if you're still that eager.
  • PMarie29
    Options
    I say stay home either way. Having a cold is your body's way of saying "slow down, I need a break and need to heal". Go for a walk instead, and don't take your germs to the gym. Head colds can still be very contagious, and no one needs that. Chances are you may have picked up the cold at the gym in the first place!

Rest, drink lots of fluids, take some vitamin C and vitamin D, and eat healthy. Give your body the break it deserves.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I stay at home if I have fewer or feal week, I want get great workout anyway and if I want to I can always go for a walk.
    First 2-3 days it's better not to go anywhere as you are spreading germs all over
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've gone just to use the sauna - certainly makes me feel better with a cold and there's hardly anyone using it at the same time.
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Rest up - your body probably needs it.

I will go to the gym if I'm having asthma and take it easy, but if I have a cold, I'll rest at home, and go for a walk if I feel like I need an airing!

Hope you feel better soon!
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Stay home, get a good workout in trying something different for the day. You may find out you may enjoy the change and add something new to your routine. If you are feeling pretty badly take it as a sign and take this time to help your body fight and rest up. Not heading to the gym I'm sure would be appreciated by others. You could be spreading it to just someone with a weaker immune system trying to get a workout in or person who could bring it to a loved one or other compromised individual at home or work.