What's the Best music album...in the World...EVER!

Options
Ok folks, What do you think is the best Album ever made? (I think this could be fun!).

It has to be the album that contains the most songs that when you hear them come on you HAVE to rock your body to no matter where you are :tongue:

I already know it is "U2, The Joshua Tree" but maybe, just maybe, someone somewhere (with no taste in music obviously! :laugh: ) might disagree with me? :laugh:

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "rocking my body" to it unless I've taken a few hits of LSD but I think Pink Floyd'sThe Wall should be on this list.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    The Police - Synchronicity
    Prince - Purple Rain

Joshua Tree is definitely up there :glasses: Can't wait to see them in concert this summer!!:heart:
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    Definitly Purple Rain and the Joshua Tree.....I also love Reo Speedwagon-Hi Infidelity ( I still have the vinyl! )
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    I like music too much to limit myself to just one :laugh: My favorites... Fiona Apple, Garbage, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machines, Audioslave, Tool, Kings of Leon, Suevanne Vega, Cardigans, Pearl Jam.... I could probably go on for days!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    Queen's "A Night at the Opera"
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Without hesitation, Pink Floyd, The Wall.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Personally, I think Poison's "Native Tongue" was one of the best, but not everyone knows anything about it. So I'll have to go with their "Flesh and Blood" album.

Sorry, 80s Hair Band Head over here :tongue:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Queensrychë, Operation Mindcrime (concept album)
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "rocking my body" to it unless I've taken a few hits of LSD but I think Pink Floyd'sThe Wall should be on this list.

Agreed....Edit: *snickers* about The Wall..not about the LSD

My personal fave is Led Zeppelin IV by Led Zeppelin, but it's gotta be on vinyl. Nothing better than Stairway To Heaven on vinyl. Love that it's the last one on the side as opposed to going straight to Misty Mountain Hop. :) It pairs better with When the Levee Breaks :)
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Mmmmm - i like a lot of the stuff mentioned, esp U2 (Under a Blood Red... for me) and Queensryche. I got three depending on the activity.

For cardio training, The Rocky Story for sure.

For lifting, something heavier - Metallica - Master of Puppets

For outdoor running - The Real Thing - Faith No More

Also can I recommend 1 song - 'Crank That - Soulja Boy (Travis Barker remix) - The remix TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    "Falling from Grace" movie soundtrack.

John Mellencamp, John Prine, Nancy Griffith, Dwight Yoakum. Just a genius piece, all original music beautifully written/performed/recorded. Not one single was released, no hits, and the movie was mediocre at best. I don't care, it's amazing.
  • oliveoil7979
    oliveoil7979 Posts: 112
    Options
    I have always been partial to the Beatles "Abby Road"

For me you just don't get any better! (Althoguh Joshua Tree comes dang close)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Bloodhound Gang "Hooray for boobies". Yes, I know, potty jokes and bad rap, I don't care. You have to listen to the record about 4 times before you really hear it. It's almost like Dennis Miller back in the old days when he was funny - just reference-reference-reference,,, Great stuff.

Did you ever read Voltaire's "Candide"?
    He says live life at Benny Hill freak out speed
    Not a quote of what he wrote but a paraphrase
    Make it up as you go Keyser Soze
    Highlights yes but don't underline 'em
    Just live for N.O.W. like Gloria Steinem
    Life is like Marion Barry
    It's not all that it's cracked up to be
    Like Fred Sanford when the big one comes
    Find the meaning of life is there is none
    It's twenty-four hours when you call it a day
    Be Frank and say "I Did It My Way"
    Don't give a flying nun no don't give a Gidget
    Just have more fun than a well-oiled midget
    If life were picture perfect you could frame it
    But the world is a diaper so let someone else change it

Life is an aimless drive that ya take alone
    Might as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Well my likes in music are vast and constantly evolving. So I'll pick my favorite albums currently.

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

and Muse - The Resistance

:wink:
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am loving some of the albums that have made the list by other people so far....and my considerations would be "Aha Shake Heartbreak" by Kings of Leon, "Revolver" by The Beatles, "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis, and "The Bends" by Radiohead. I would probably give a much different list if asked tomorrow. :tongue:
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    my personal fave is ted nugent double live gonzo.

of course, led zep IV, tom petty and journey you can pop in anytime and listen to track #1 through #10 and listen, unlike todays where you download the "song" you like.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Pink floyd- Wish you were here.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to go with The Origin, Yaz or Depeche Mode
    Yes, I graduated in 91..LOL

Kim
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member