A little worried

Options
Hey, Fellow FitnessPals. I have been on here for a good 4 weeks (yes it says I joined early, but I wasn't committed to it until early January). I know this my sound silly but the last two times that I weighed I had gained weight instead of losing. Is it possible that I am building muscle and that is what is causing the weight gain? I am staying within my allotted calorie intake.

Replies

• 00snook
    Options
    How much did the weight go up by each time? Also are you weighing yourself weekly?

Muscle is quite hard to gain, and even most muscle building athletes struggle to gain more than 1 pound per week.
  • johnwbaxter2
    johnwbaxter2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Could be muscle if it's not too much weight. Try taking measurements instead of weighing yourself
  • Pepperforever
    Pepperforever Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am weighing basically twice a week (on Wednesday and Sunday mornings) the weight gain was 1/2 pound.
  • Pepperforever
    Pepperforever Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I might try measuring instead of relying on the scale all the time. I can tell a difference in my clothes now.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    weighing yourself too often is detrimental to your state of mind. If you can stand it, i'd just try to do all the right things, and weigh yourself once every two weeks. Look for downward trends, rather than individual weights. It would be even better if you could wait a whole month.