Tracking Strength Training

Options
There doesn't seem to be a way to create a full strength training program in the system such as the Beachbody Power 90 and P90X Circuit programs. Also, why doesn't the strength training section track calories burned, and if it does, what am I doing wrong?

Replies

• particleastro
    particleastro Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know, its quite frustrating, but if you think about the mechanics of strength training there is no way really to provide an accurate measurement.

For instance, you and I could both bench 100kg for ten reps, but we wont be the same size, strength, bidy fat VO2 max etc...so the system wont be able to compare us effectively.

Actually, you can pretty much extend that argument to all the exercise estimates, even those using heart rate monitors. They are a rough guide at best.

More importantly though, what are your max lifts!

Good luck,
    JU
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I use the formulas at this link to calculate calories burned. Like anywhere else, it's an estimate, but it's better than anything else I could find.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/338469-how-to-calculate-calories-burned-weight-lifting/

As far as creating a workout routine, try JEFIT. They have a website and a smartphone app.