Filling Chicken 250 cal Lunch

Options
buggaboo73
buggaboo73 Posts: 169
D'OH!! I need to go back to 2nd grade math.......this is actually only 232 calories +/a few depending on what you cook the chicken in!

Anyway I Just had this today and I love it......calories are per the food database on here:

1 - 8 oz Chicken breast (boneless, skinless) 200 cals
1/2 of a medium tomato 12 cals
2 - tsp grated parmesan cheese 20 cals

Butterfly the breast so you have two thinner pieces of meat. Season both sides (I used original mrs dash but probably garlic or italian spice blend would be good too). Fry in non stick pan or other pan coated with low cal spray.

While that is cooking cut your half of tomato into quarters and then slice the quarters so you have bite sized pieces. I salt them a little but I don't have a sodium problem so obviously you can skip that part.

When the breasts are done cooking, put one teaspoon of parmesan on each one, turn off the heat, and cover the pan for a few minutes to let the cheese get a little melty.

Put the chicken on the plate next to the tomato or pile the tomato on top of the chicken and mmmmmm and very filling. Good with a big glass of water. :wink:

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good., I could possibly add the whole tomato.. since I'm a huge veggie fan! Thanks for the tip
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, I think I'll try it tonight.
  • robslady
    robslady Posts: 17
    Options
    Yummmm! Thanks for sharing.
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Your welcome and thanks for all the replies :happy:
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    mmmmm, it might be nice to sandwich the tomato in slices and the cheese between the butterflied chicken once its cooked, and fry for a few more minutes to heat it through - kinda like a cordon bleu but with tomato instead of ham! The saltiness from the cheese would negate the need to salt the tomato, too!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    That DOES sound good, I personally can't stomach warm chunks of tomato, but I bet if I diced it up nice and small I would like it. Thanks!
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I actually do something similar to this for a dinner.

I butterfly the breast, add my husband's secret #3 seasoning, saute it in a pan with about 8 tbsp of cooking sherry and 3-4 jalapeno rings and half a cup of fresh diced tomatoes. When the chicken is fully cooked I put the remaining fresh tomatoes on the chicken, put the cheese on the tomatoes and serve it with a small side of rice topped with the juice, cooked tomato and jalapenos. YUM!