Lifting and weighing in...

Options
For those of you who lift, when do you weigh in? I am on week three of lifting, and I know if I weigh in the day after I am going to have water retention. So should I weigh in two days after? For instance, I am lifting tonight. I normally weigh in on Saturdays. Is that enough time for my body to balance itself back out? How long does the water retention last?

Replies

• particleastro
    particleastro Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Keep it the same, then it doesnt matter. I weight myself morning and night every day so you can see and anticipate any fluctuations.

Good Luck,
    JU
  • cardiophile
    Options
    Weighing yourself each and everyday may get discouraging due to water weight fluctuations....just sayin'. I always hear once a week is best. Also since fat weighs less than muscle, your weight may increase when you are in fact smaller and more toned. Tape measures are a good indicator of progress.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For the first two months, I was weighing in monthly...but now I want to weigh in weekly. I was reading that you are (obviously) going to be heavier after lifting. Was just wondering how many days it takes after lifting to get a more accurate reading. I am also using the tape measure...which hasn't moved yet... :(