What a difference a year makes!

Options
I can't believe it's been a year already. When I started, a year ago, I was 214 pounds, the same as where my weight settled shortly after giving birth to my youngest in late Sept 2011. I had honestly figured that that was where my weight had settled, where I was meant to be while I nursed.

My highest weight was 245, when I married my husband. Shortly after we married, I started having some health issues, and after a lot of testing, and a very blunt Dr telling me that I had the beginnings of fatty liver disease, I started losing weight. In just over a year, I had lost 53 pounds, down to 193, and conceived my eldest. For the most part, I kept my weight gain while pregnant under control, until the last month when I gained over 20 pounds in just that one month. I got down to 212-214 after delivering, and for 9 months, I was stuck there.

When my daughter was 9 months, I conceived my youngest. I was working so hard at work that was actually losing weight during the first two trimesters, and delivered at 229 lbs. Once again, I lost fairly easily down to 212-214, and was stuck there from early Nov until early Feb 2012. That's when a friend shared a website she had been introduced to (love ya natesangel!). I figured, why not give it a try? After all, what do I really have to lose? Just the weight.

I logged everything I ate, and my workouts, gave myself credit for nursing, and did my best to eat every single calorie that I was given. And the weight started falling off. To the tune of 61 pounds in the last year. I've gone from 33%bf, down to 21%bf. I plan on maintaining here until spring, then cutting further to 16-18%, enjoying that for the summer, then a slow bulk in the fall.

As for my workouts, I do a lot of walking, I try to get into the gym to lift 3 times a week (with my work and family schedules, it doesn't always happen), I've done some running (although I've backed off on it, I am going to get back to it - I've got some races that I do want to do this year), and I've completed a round of Insanity.

Now for the pics :)

Highest weight:
FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg

Just after starting MFP:
366-2.jpg
367-2.jpg
368-3.jpg

Now:
008-7.jpg
002-6.jpg
001-7.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!